RAHB is pleased to advise you that many of the issues reported by RAHB Members as a result of the ORTIS and the Ontario Collective (OC) cutover to the new ITSO system have been resolved as follows:
- Missing photos for ITSO listings have been backfilled and photos are now available to view on reports.
- ITSO status changes are now available to view on the Matrix reports. Previously, status changes such as conditional or firm sale information were missing on RAHB reports.
- ITSO listings are now only displaying Total Square Footage (above grade only) on RAHB reports.
- Commercial Listings from ORTIS and OC will now display if Sub-Property Type of (Industrial, investment, office, retail, sale of business or store) is selected.
- Data is being mapped incorrectly from ITSO to RAHB’s “Type” and “Property Sub-Type” fields. This issue is primarily affecting ITSO listings, which would normally be searchable with a Type of Townhouse/Row House. Corelogic is aware of this issue and is currently working on updating these listings. We will provide an update regarding the status of this issue early next week.
CoreLogic is continuing to work on a few outstanding items; however, RAHB expects those to be resolved shortly, and will provide you an update at that time.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
RAHB is pleased to announce that a new updated version of Matrix; specifically, Matrix X, is now available to members as of October 14, 2020. Matrix X is the latest version of Matrix from CoreLogic. Matrix X has a new look and feel, combined with modern colour palettes, iconography, navigation and design. Please click here to take a video tour of the new navigation.
Discover What’s New:
- Easier Navigation—Matrix X includes a new clean header and navigation bar with features right where you’d expect them. A new notifications icon alerts you to important updates, and a new menu under the user’s name provides quick access to personal settings, account information and help.
- Concierge Improvements—Alerts for new Concierge matches have been moved to the new notification centre for quick and easy access. Map and Results tabs have been added to Concierge approvals. Switch between map view and results view just like you would with regular search results.
- Great Looking E-mails—Conveying a professional image is key, so we updated Matrix e-mails with a clean, modern design.
- New Contacts Module—Matrix X includes a new Contacts module that uses best-practice webpage design, while maintaining a familiar workflow, so there’s no need for retraining. Tabs and widgets provide better readability and accessibility. See how to quickly create a new contact in the new module by clocking this link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzw6jLHTwSg
- New Map Functionality—The map screen now uses the full width of your browser. Map and Results tabs have been added to Concierge Approvals. We improved the Map Toolbar with easier icons and tooltips.
- New Quick CMA—Matrix X includes a new Quick CMA with easier to read icons, font, glanceability and more. Coming soon: The full CMA report pages are being redesigned with a clean, modern and consistent look.
Please contact RAHB MLS® Support if you have any questions at 905.667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update – August 18
We are glad to say that most major issues stemming from the OC/ORTIS cutover in Matrix have been resolved. It has been reported that some listings are still not showing room data.
If you encounter any other issues, please report them to the MLS® Help Desk at email@example.com or 905.667.4650
We have been made aware of several issues that are affecting RAHB Members within the Matrix System, as a result of the OC/ORTIS cutover to their new MLS® System (ITSORealEstate).
We are working alongside Corelogic to fix any issues and investigate others. Below is a list of issues we are aware of at this time:
Some members are reporting that there are listings that do not contain photos, or are not appearing within a listing. RAHB is reporting these on a case-by-case basis. If you come across this problem please e-mail all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
With the cutover to the ITSORealEstate system, an “X” prefix was added to the beginning of ORTIS listing numbers. This “X” has now been removed from ORTIS and OC listings.
If you had ORTIS listings within your cart prior to August 6, you will need to re-add those listings.
If you have added ORTIS listings to your cart since August 6, this issue will not affect you.
Client Portal – Favourite/Possibilities List
If any of your clients saved any ORTIS listings within their Favourite or Possibilities List prior to August 6, they will need to be re-added.
If your clients added listings to their Favourite or Possibilities Lists since August 6, this issue will not affect them.
Corelogic is aware of an issue that is affecting the Property Type and Sub-Type fields. Corelogic is working alongside RAHB to fix this issue. It will take some remapping of the system in order to align these fields across all the boards/associations involved. We do not know when this issue will be fixed, but RAHB will be sure to communicate updates as they occur.
The “Marketwatch” issue has now been resolved and all listings should be showing.
If you experience any other issues with the system, please contact the RAHB MLS® Help Desk at MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.
Corelogic is working with us to remedy any issues related to the ITSORealEstate cutover. We are appreciative for their support, and we appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
Recently, RAHB has identified an issue in Matrix that occurs when users were trying to upload photo images to their listings. Select users would see the system would stall out when trying to upload 25 photos or more at one time and the user was left to attempt the photo upload again.
To resolve the issue, CoreLogic will have to develop a fix that will be built into the next Matrix update. Until that time, if you are experiencing this issue when uploading photos images, please use the following work around:
Restrict the number of photos you upload at one time to 20 or less at a time.
Example: If a listing has 43 photos
Batch 1 – Upload 20 photos and then Save
Batch 2 – Upload another 20 photos and then Save
Batch 3 – Upload the final 3 photos and then Save
If you have any questions, please contact the RAHB MLS Support Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently, RAHB has received complaints surrounding the field “Possession”; specifically the pick “Flexible” is not being used as intended.
The field “Possession” has several picks to choose from as follows:
- 1-29 days
- 30-59 days
- 60-89 days
The word “Flexible” means to be ready and able to change to adapt to different circumstances, or able to be easily modified to respond to altered circumstances or conditions. If “Flexible” is chosen, be sure your Seller(s) are in fact “Flexible”, in that they can adapt to different possession scenarios; otherwise choose a more specific pick as listed above that will suit your Seller(s) scenario.
“Flexible” does not mean the following:
- “We are looking for 90-120 days”
- “For the right price, we may be able to be flexible”
- “It’s a split up, one party wants a long closing, the other party wants a short closing, so we chose Flexible”
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the MLS Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Government of Ontario has officially prohibited the hosting of in-person open houses in Ontario as of Saturday, December 26 at 12:01 a.m. Users may advertise virtual showings / live streams through Matrix and REALTOR.ca.
To advertise a virtual showing or live stream, please follow the instructions below:
- Login to Matrix
- Click the blue “Input” tab
- Under “Quick Modify”, select the listing
- Click “Open Houses”
- Enter the “Start Date”
- Enter the “Start Time” and the “End Time”
- The open house“Type” automaticallywill default to “Virtual”
- Under “Virtual Open House URL” enter or paste your virtual showing/ live stream URL
The date and time of your virtual showing / live stream will be displayed on the REALTOR® Full Report, under the photos as shown below:
Users can use the “Open House” search in Matrix to review a virtual showing / live stream list.
All virtual showing / live stream URLs entered into Matrix will also be displayed on REALTOR.ca for the public as shown below:
For more information from CREA on adding a live stream open house to your REALTOR.ca listing, please click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDER that Friday, March 27, 2020 was the final day that members could use RAHB’s Residential and Commercial Property Information forms dated (July 2018).
The updated Residential and Commercial Property Information forms are available to be downloaded via WEBForms®.
Please Note: The Realty Shoppe is closed for in-person shopping; however, you may order new forms via phone and email, which will be fulfilled once the office reopens. You may place an order at 905.529.5979 or email@example.com.
Recently RAHB has seen an increase in fines surrounding REALTOR® contact information appearing in either the REALTOR® or public (Client) remarks; which is not permitted as per RAHB’s MLS® Policies. This includes information relating to offers and showings (ie. E-mail offers to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 123-456-7890 for showings, etc.).
The following is from RAHB’s MLS® Policies Miscellaneous #5 and #6:
- No contact information relating to the REALTOR® may appear in the REALTOR® remarks section of a listing; but may be included in the “Offer Instructions” field. If any REALTOR® contact information is included, MLS® staff is to remove it and a $50 fine levied to the Member. Where the seller directs the listing REALTOR® in writing to do so, the seller’s contact information may appear in the REALTOR® only remarks (non-public) section of the listing on the Association’s MLS® system.
- No contact information relating to the REALTOR® with the exception of a direction to visit the REALTOR®’s website to obtain more information may appear in the internet ad copy/public remarks. If any of the REALTOR’S® contact information or specific website address, with the exception of a direction to the REALTOR’S® website, is included, MLS® staff will remove it and a $50 fine be levied to the Member.
The following is referred to as contact information:
- Member’s first name, last name or both, team name
- Brokerage office name Member’s phone number (cell phone, direct line, etc) or fax number
- Member’s office phone number or fax number
- Any e-mail addresses or website links
- Note: Multi-media links (virtual tour, brochure, additional images) must appear in their respective fields and not in the remarks.
If any of the above items are found in either the REALTOR® or Public (Client) remarks, they will be removed and the member fined.
Any details regarding offers or showings should be entered in the appropriate field. Offer information should be entered in the “Offer Instructions” field, and showing information should be entered in the “Appointments” field.
If you have any questions please call the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail email@example.com
On January 1, 2001, the new City of Hamilton was formed from the amalgamation of Hamilton and the five neighbouring municipalities: Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook and Stoney Creek.
However, despite the amalgamation, RAHB’s MLS® system has maintained the separate municipalities and city names as shown above, which allow members to search those specific areas and their neighbourhoods. Additionally, it ensures listings appear correctly in property searches in Matrix.
Furthermore, Matrix uses the address, including the specific city name to link to the property history. Should you view a listing displaying the incorrect city name, please report the error by clicking the “Report Error” link, located at the top of the REALTOR® Full report as shown below.
Should you have any questions, please contact the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, CoreLogic is updating Matrix to version 8.4. series. The new version provides new features and updates as follows:
- Modernized E-mail Layout
Matrix 8.4 series features a more modern-looking and mobile-friendly e-mail layout.
- Sort Order Indicators Added to Search Results Header
Single-line search results now display arrows in the column headers to indicate the sort order.
- The weight of the arrow (bold, semi-bold, or not bold) indicates the field’s sort priority (primary, secondary, or tertiary).
- A down arrow indicates an alphabetical sort / smallest value first.
- An up arrow indicates a reverse-alphabetical sort / largest value first.
- Add/Edit – New Map Location Warning
In Add/Edit, an alert indicates if the geocoder can’t find a precise location for the address, prompting the user to check the address and/or manually place the map pin.
- “Select All” and “Select None” options added to Status Search Control
- Select All – Selects all check boxes and populates predefined date ranges (e.g.: 1-180)
- Select None – Clears all check boxes and dates ranges
- Map Utilizes Full Width of Browser
The map view in the search results now extends the full width of the browser screen.
- Map & Results Tabs Navigation added to Concierge Approvals Screen
Users can now view listings on a map view on the concierge approval screen.
- Single Line Displays remember vertical scroll position
For single line displays longer than one screen, Matrix now remembers the vertical scroll position when switching between displays. This eliminates the need to scroll back down to the desired row. The position is maintained when clicking the browser back button and when clicking the single Line Display link.
- New Action Tools Button Bar and Paging Controls
The action tools at the bottom of the Results page has been updated to a more modern look, and the paging controls at the bottom are now larger and thus easier to click.
- New icons throughout Search module
New and larger map drawing tool icons have been added, and many icons elsewhere in the Search and Input modules have been updated for a cleaner appearance.
- New Tooltips
Tooltips shown when hovering over an element now appear immediately and are easier to read.
- New Footer
The layout and appearance of the global footer has been updated.
- “Refresh” option added to “My Listings” widget on the home page
- CMA Retention Period
CMA’s created in Matrix, will be retained for a default period up to 180 days, thus ensuring optimal system performance.
If you have any questions, please contact the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or email@example.com
RAHB staff have reported receiving a significant number of requests to change listing data after a listing status has changed from “active” to “sold”, “expired” or “cancelled”. The MLS® Committee is currently reviewing this practice and will continue to examine in 2020.
Additionally it was recently reported to RAHB, that REALTORS® from the Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) have been removing photos, room sizes, and data in both the REALTOR® and Client remarks. The reason provided was the public’s concerns with privacy, which has lead to an increase in photo and data-stripping.
As this practice may affect the integrity of the listing data their members rely on, the Toronto Real Estate Board released the following communication to their members on September 27, 2019:
January 2020, TREB posted an updated communication surrounding photos and data striping from TREB’s MLS® system listings advising the following:
“The Board of Directors have further decided that Listing Brokerages who remove listing information shall be required to restore the listing content at the Board’s discretion and that a $250.00 listing restoration administrative fee will be issued to the Listing Brokerage, per MLS® System number, alongside notice of a Professional Standards complaint.”
Ensuring the integrity of the listing data you reply on is important to RAHB. Currently RAHB has the following MLS® Rules & Regulations and MLS® policies that deal with copying photos, and the display of listing data as follows:
RAHB’s Rules and Regulations, Section 7 – MLS® Data and Other Board Publications, sub-section 7.03, (a), (b) and (c):
7.03 The Members shall advise and obtain their Client’s authorization that:
(a) all information concerning this Client’s Listing and the Listing Agreement, the properties affected thereby and the transactions there under shall be made available not only to all other Members and their respective Clients, but also third party users authorized by the Association;
(b) the Association may, at its option, advertise in any medium, including the Internet, any properties listed on the Association’s MLS® System; and
(c) the Association may compile, retain and distribute the Listing information indefinitely and may compile, retain and publish any statistical analyses including historical MLS® Data based on such information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commission claw back clauses on listings are perfectly acceptable, provided the commission in the Co-operating Brokerage Commission section of the Property Information Form is the same as the commission on the Listing Agreement, and both documents are signed and dated by the Seller.
Commission claw back clauses cannot be added to the Commission to Co-operating Brokerage section of the Property Information Form, or to an additional schedule, if they are different than what is on the signed Listing Agreement. By ensuring that the commission to the Co-operating Brokerage is the same on the Listing Agreement, and Property Information Form, or any Schedule to the Listing Agreement, you will be complying with Sections 38 and 39 of the RECO Code of Ethics.
If you are changing commission to the Co-operating Brokerage Commission, after the Seller has signed the original Listing Agreement and Property Information Form, you must ensure you complete either the Amendment to the Listing Agreement Form or OREA’s Form #244 “Seller’s Direction re: Property/Offers”, detailing the changes to the commission, both of which are to be signed and dated by the Seller.
If you wish to file a formal complaint, please send your complaint in writing to Angela McArthur, care of the Professional Standards Committee at email@example.com