More than 40,000 members have already created a transaction using CREA WEBForms® 2019. As CREA moves closer to retiring WEBForms® Legacy, they are eager to support members as they transition to the new platform.
If you haven’t yet made the switch, take a moment to learn more about the decision to upgrade the platform by watching this video from the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) Vice President and Technology Committee member Cliff Stevenson.
To further facilitate this transition, CREA is planning a couple of adjustments to help members take the plunge:
- On December 4, 2019, CREA will be flipping the landing page experience for all users. That means, as of December 5, 2019, everyone who accesses WEBForms® will land in the new CREA WEBForms® 2019 environment. Rest assured you will still be able to go back to the legacy version until the official cut-off on January 2, 2020.
- On December 16, 2019, WEBForms® Legacy will be switched to “Read Only Mode”. This means that members will still be able to access and edit existing transaction kits, download forms and migrate kits, but it will no longer be possible to create new transaction kits in Legacy. Preventing new transaction kits from being created in a system that is two weeks away from going offline is a safeguard against a member creating a transaction kit one day and not having access to it the next.
- Finally, before the end of the year, CREA will be issuing a maintenance release for CREA WEBForms® 2019. This release will include the convenient “Dynamic Paging” feature, meaning members will no longer need to start with multi-page schedules or use the “add page” function; pages will be added automatically as needed.
Getting started is easy and often takes less than an hour. In fact, you can dip your toes with these videos outlining the basics in just five minutes.
- Migrating old transaction kits from the legacy version of WEBForms® to CREA WEBForms® 2019. (Note: your transactions will be editable, but forms will migrate over as flat documents.)
- Creating a Basic Transaction (outlining the quickest way to create a basic transaction.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the CREA Member Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-237-7945. The CREA WEBForms® 2019 Member Support Team has extended its hours and is now available from 8 a.m. to midnight (EST) on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST) on weekends.
OREA will be hosting a forms webinar on November 27, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. (45-minute presentation + Q & A period). The topic is: Ask Your Forms Questions – We Answer.
Standard Forms are vital tools for enhancing Member professionalism adding integrity in trading activity of a Member. At OREA, we understand Forms are an essential part of any real estate transaction and they can be difficult to understand and use.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions in this special 45-minute session, entitled ‘Ask Your Forms Questions, We Answer’. You can submit questions in advance relevant to helping you in your daily business, simply email StandardForms@orea.com .
This Webinar is led by Cassandra Agnew Walker, Head of Standard Forms joined by Lou Radomsky, Forms Legal Counsel.
To register, please click the button below.
If you are unavailable on the date of the Webinar, you can listen to the recording at your leisure after the recording is uploaded to orea.com Standard Forms Webinar landing page.
Mark Your Calendar for Future Dates: :
Dec 1: Time to review the 2020 Forms Annual Summary of Revisions file on orea.com
Dec 18: Webinar ‘Annual Update 2020 Forms’, time 1:00 p.m.
As mentioned above, to assist in our November Webinar planning, we encourage you to send Forms Questions or Discussion Points in advance to StandardForms@orea.com.
CREA has partnered with Scotiabank to bring REALTOR®
listings to their completely digital mortgage experience: Scotiabank eHOME.
On November 14, users of Scotiabank eHOME will be able to search for homes powered by REALTOR.ca within Scotiabank eHOME. For listings to appear on Scotiabank eHOME, brokerage owners must first adjust their REALTOR.ca DDF® permissions if they have not already done so.
Brokerage owners can update their REALTOR.ca DDF® settings here.
Working with Scotiabank:
- increases national exposure for REALTOR® listings;
- creates an opportunity for high quality leads; and
- reinforces the trusted REALTOR® brand.
All qualified Ontario REALTORS® are encouraged to seek election to the 2020 OREA Board of Directors on February 25, 2020 at the Ontario Real Estate Association Annual General Meeting of the Assembly to be held at the Scotiabank Convention Centre, 6815 Stanley Ave, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3Y9.
Two Directors-at-Large and three Provincial Directors (one each for Central, Northeastern and Southern Ontario) will be elected. Directors will serve a two-year term.
One Provincial Director for Northern Ontario will be elected to serve for one-year of the unexpired two-year term, filling a vacancy for that position.
Linked below is a set of materials regarding the election procedures for the 2020 OREA Board of Directors (the “Election Package”). The Election Package includes:
- Notice to all Ontario REALTORS – Call for Candidates
- Information for Candidates – 2020 Election of OREA Board of Directors
- Candidate Submission Form and Candidate Declaration Form
- Copy of the Special News Bulletin: “Call for Candidates – OREA Board of Directors” will appear at https://www.orea.com/News-and-Events/Newsletters/EDGE-Newsletters.
Candidate Submissions – Interested candidates must submit their name in writing and signed by the candidate on the form provided by OREA, and provide other ancillary documentation to the attention of:
Chief Executive Officer of the Ontario Real Estate Association
c/o Andrew Popert, PwC | Partner, Assurance
PwC Tower, 18 York Street, Suite 2600, Toronto ON M5J 0B2
Deadline for receipt of candidate submissions is no later than 4:30 p.m. on December 11, 2019.
The highly anticipated REALTOR.ca Listing Stats app for REALTORS® launched through Apple and Google Play app stores on Thursday, October 17 at 10 a.m.
This easy-to-use tool for REALTORS® that allows them to view listing stats and manage leads on the go,is available for download.
Available for iOS and Android platforms, the app allows REALTORS® to:
- track listing performance from REALTOR.ca and REALTOR.ca DDF®;
- share reports with clients; and
- respond instantly to lead notifications.
To download the new app, please click the respective links below:
The app is powered through the listing analytics services currently used for Listing Stats featured on member.realtor.ca.
No additional registration is required. REALTORS® will be able to login to the app using their exisiting NAF credentials.
CREA is working with Google to make the app searchable in the Play Store. In the meantime, there is a workaround to download the app on an Android device.
Step 1: In the Play Store, search for “Realtor.ca” and click on “REALTOR.ca Real Estate…” and logo. DO NOT CLICK OPEN (this will open the realtor.ca app)
Step 2: From this screen (see picture below), click on “Canadian Real Estate Association”. This will show all apps offered by CREA.
Step 3: From here, you will be able to download the “REALTOR.ca Listing Stats” app by clicking the icon.
Please feel free to contract the MLS
® Help Desk with any questions at 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.
On Wednesday, August 21 at 10 a.m. the REALTOR.ca iOS & Android App underwent a scheduled update.This update included bug fixes and performance enhancments for both the REALTOR.ca iOS and Android mobile applications, including fixes and improvements to the open house features.
An issue with the REALTOR.ca app has been brought to our attention, and CREA is currently investigating.
If REALTORS® upload their personal photo to appear on REALTOR.ca, when users are using the REALTOR.ca app on an iPhone, their personal photo will not appear.
We will update this message when this issue has been resolved or we receive additional information from CREA.
CREA has informed RAHB of some new spam targeting members. In some cases they attach a logo of REALTOR.ca to give the illusion that they are from REALTOR.ca. The offenders are using the domain name (realtor.com-buyers.info) . This same spam appears to have been used to target other real estate websites from time to time.
There is another case where individual listings are copied and used as the basis for a fraudulent ad on another website (like Craig’s List or Kijiji).
Please see the pictures below for some examples of the spam.
Please click the blue button below to see the response from CREA’s President Jason Stephen regarding how CREA handles these matters.
Message From CREA President
If you find any messages that are suspected spam, please contact RAHB.
Please find attached an FAQ which highlights some differences between CREA WEBForms® 2019 and CREA WEBForms® Legacy. This FAQ can also be found on the WEBForms® section on CREA’s REALTORLink® page.
Click here to read the FAQ.
The WEBForms® Training material on the Training Hub can be found here.
Below is a new video highlighting some of the features.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Thursday, May 16, 2019
To all members of the Real Estate Council of Ontario:
You are cordially invited to attend the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO).
When: Thursday, May 16, 2019
Where: Old Mill Toronto, 21 Old Mill Road, Toronto, Ontario M8X 1G5
Registration begins at 9 a.m. in Brulee Room A
Meeting begins at 10 a.m. in Brulee Room B
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Appoint Auditors of the corporation until the close of the next Annual General Meetiing of the corporation
- Elect the Industry Director nominees selected by each of the three regions to the Board of Directors
- Approve a bylaw amendment
- Provide members with an opportunity to ask questions
You can find the agenda and resolutions for the AGM here.
The audited financial statements are contained in RECO’s Annual Report.
You may find information on the proposed bylaw amendment here.
Members of RECO who are not able to attend the meeting may submit questions in advance.
For additional details about the AGM, please click here.
Please remember to bring your RECO registration certificate (or the electronic certificate in the MyRECO app).
OREA President Karen Cox is hosting a monthly podcast where she will sit down with industry experts to discuss subjects important to REALTORS®, like Standard Forms, tax advice, recreational real estate, and lead generation. Each episode is complete with updates on Government Relations, Standard Forms and real estate news that could impact Ontario REALTORS® and their growing businesses.
New episodes are released the second Tuesday of every month on our SoundCloud and iTunes accounts, and are shared across our social media channels.
This month, Karen spoke to real estate accountant Cherry Chan! You can find our social links below.