The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is seeking experienced and skilled REALTORS® to put their names forward as candidates for the 2020-2021 Board of Directors. As part of the application, you will have an opportunity to include any additional materials you would like displayed on REALTOR Link® to support your candidacy application (eg. letters of reference, resume, photo, etc.). The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 21, 2020.
There are three Director-at-Large positions available (each for a two-year term).
There are four Regional Director positions available (each for a two-year term)–one from each of the following regions: Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and the Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador).
QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS:
Persons wishing to be elected either as a Director-at-Large or a Regional Director must:
- Be a REALTOR® member;
- Have been a REALTOR® member for at least five (5) years;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years sitting on a Board of Directors of a Canadian not-for-profit corporation or a public body;
- Otherwise not be disqualified by the Act;
- In the case of a Regional Director, be licensed in that region;
- If elected, must have completed leadership courses as set out in CREA policy within one year of being elected and
- Complete the candidacy documents in the form provided by CREA
The deadline for candidate submissions is Friday, February 21, 2020.
The Director-at-Large elections will take place at CREA’s Annual General Meeting in Ottawa on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. The Regional Director elections will take place prior to the CREA AGM at a time and place to be determined.
Looking for a New Year’s resolution? Apply to join a CREA committee
CREA is currently calling for applications from REALTORS® to serve as volunteers on our 11 board and operational committees, starting in the spring. These committees act as resources to our Board and CEO on important topics such as CREA’s governance and finances, our federal affairs initiatives, our national ad campaign and more.