The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is seeking experienced and skilled REALTORS® to put their names forward as candidates for the 2020-2021 Board of Directors. As part of the application, you will have an opportunity to include any additional materials you would like displayed on REALTOR Link® to support your candidacy application (eg. letters of reference, resume, photo, etc.). The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 21, 2020.
There are three Director-at-Large positions available (each for a two-year term).
There are four Regional Director positions available (each for a two-year term)–one from each of the following regions: Alberta/Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and the Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador).
QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS:
Persons wishing to be elected either as a Director-at-Large or a Regional Director must:
- Be a REALTOR® member;
- Have been a REALTOR® member for at least five (5) years;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years sitting on a Board of Directors of a Canadian not-for-profit corporation or a public body;
- Otherwise not be disqualified by the Act;
- In the case of a Regional Director, be licensed in that region;
- If elected, must have completed leadership courses as set out in CREA policy within one year of being elected and
- Complete the candidacy documents in the form provided by CREA
The deadline for candidate submissions is Friday, February 21, 2020.
The Director-at-Large elections will take place at CREA’s Annual General Meeting in Ottawa on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. The Regional Director elections will take place prior to the CREA AGM at a time and place to be determined.