The Canada Emergency Response Benefit is part of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to four months to:
- Wage-earners and self-employed individuals, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance;
- Workers who must stop working due to COVID-10 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support;
- Workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19;
- Working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures;
- Workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or a toll-free number.
For more information on Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, please click the buttons below: