Recently RAHB has seen an increase in fines surrounding REALTOR® contact information appearing in either the REALTOR® or public (Client) remarks; which is not permitted as per RAHB’s MLS® Policies. This includes information relating to offers and showings (ie. E-mail offers to email@example.com, call 123-456-7890 for showings, etc.).
The following is from RAHB’s MLS® Policies Miscellaneous #5 and #6:
- No contact information relating to the REALTOR® may appear in the REALTOR® remarks section of a listing; but may be included in the “Offer Instructions” field. If any REALTOR® contact information is included, MLS® staff is to remove it and a $50 fine levied to the Member. Where the seller directs the listing REALTOR® in writing to do so, the seller’s contact information may appear in the REALTOR® only remarks (non-public) section of the listing on the Association’s MLS® system.
- No contact information relating to the REALTOR® with the exception of a direction to visit the REALTOR®’s website to obtain more information may appear in the internet ad copy/public remarks. If any of the REALTOR’S® contact information or specific website address, with the exception of a direction to the REALTOR’S® website, is included, MLS® staff will remove it and a $50 fine be levied to the Member.
The following is referred to as contact information:
- Member’s first name, last name or both, team name
- Brokerage office name Member’s phone number (cell phone, direct line, etc) or fax number
- Member’s office phone number or fax number
- Any e-mail addresses or website links
- Note: Multi-media links (virtual tour, brochure, additional images) must appear in their respective fields and not in the remarks.
If any of the above items are found in either the REALTOR® or Public (Client) remarks, they will be removed and the member fined.
Any details regarding offers or showings should be entered in the appropriate field. Offer information should be entered in the “Offer Instructions” field, and showing information should be entered in the “Appointments” field.
If you have any questions please call the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org