Representatives from 14 local charitable organizations received grant cheques from the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation at the RAHB office on Thursday, December 19.
RAHB President Bob Van de Vrande and CEO Carol Ann Burrell presented cheques totaling $42,180 on behalf of the Foundation, which is supported by RAHB members. Each year, RAHB members raise funds that are distributed among local shelter-related organizations within the RAHB market area.
The recipients of the 2019 Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation grant are as follows: Restoration Second Stage Home, Neighbour to Neighbour, The Salvation Army Hamilton, Shifra Homes, Wesley Urban Ministries, Mission Services Hamilton, Indwell, The King’s Way Outreach, YWCA, The Bridge, Mark Preece Family House, March of Dimes, Good Shepherd Hamilton and St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation.
The recipients of the 2019 Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation grant are specifically using the funds for:
- The Bridge: renovations to the temporary housing facility
- The Good Shepherd Hamilton: purchase “Welcome Baskets” for two years (approximately 250 families)
- Hamilton Health Science Foundation: create a second Enriched Environment — nursery
- Indwell: fund community enhancing programs that are psycho-social activity groups
- March of Dimes: upgrade and renovate Jason’s House to ensure accessibility
- Mark Preece Family House: fund services required to continue providing assistance to families
- Mission Services Hamilton: renovate a bedroom and bathroom that have potential health concerns
- Neighbour to Neighbour: provide produce and dairy items to 1,200 households
- Restoration Second Stage Home: open a residential program in Burlington for 2020
- Shifra Homes: support the maternity home
- The King’s Way Outreach: support two new programs — suicide prevention and literacy
- The Salvation Army Hamilton: support the Salvation Army Meadowlands Adult Day Service
- Wesley Urban Ministries: support the Youth Housing program
- YWCA: support Phoenix Place
If you know any deserving shelter related organizations within the RAHB market area, please encourage them to apply to the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation grant next year!
For more information about the REALTORS Care® Foundation, please go to https://realtorscareontario.ca/
Please click the video to view a slideshow of all the charitable organizations receiving their cheque!