According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged up slightly on a month-over-month basis in February 2015.
- National home sales edged up 1.0% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 2.7% above February 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes fell 2.5% from January to February.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.01% year-over-year in February.
- The national average sale price rose 6.3% on a year-over-year basis in February.
Read the full report.