According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales declined in April 2017.
- National home sales fell 1.7% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity in April was down 7.5% from a year earlier.
- The number of newly listed homes jumped 10% from March to April.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) was up 19.8% year-over-year (y-o-y) in April 2017.
- The national average sale price rose 10.4% y-o-y in April.
Home sales over Canadian MLS® Systems fell by 1.7% in April 2017 from the all-time record set in March.
Read the complete news release.