According to statistics released by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity was up on month-over-month basis in March 2015.
- National home sales edged up 4.1% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 9.5% above March 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 1.8% from February to March.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.95% year-over-year in March.
- The national average sale price rose 9.4% on a year-over-year basis in March; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.4%.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose by 4.1 per cent in March 2015 compared to February.
March sales were up from the previous month in nearly two-thirds of all local markets, led by Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Calgary and Edmonton. Despite the monthly rebound, Calgary and Edmonton sales came in below the 10 year average for the month of March.
Read the entire report.