New App for REALTORS® and homebuyers in Southern Ontario
Look4Homes, a new app designed for iPhones and Androids, will soon be available to the members of the four STARRS associations – RAHB, Niagara, Brantford and Simcoe – and their clients.
This new product has great features for REALTORS® and their homebuyers:
- Interactive map searching using GPS location-based technology in the iPhone and Android platforms
- View property on maps, including satellite view
- Search using all the criteria you are used to, including price range, number of beds and baths
- Easily see all property details including multiple photos, price, property details and descriptions
- Find your way to the front door using the turn-by-turn directions provided
- Save properties for easy review later, or share them via text, email, Facebook or Twitter
Watch for the release of Look4Homes before the end of June.
SmartLinks and pop-up blockers
It is recommended that you add Fusion (URL: http://fusion.starrs.ca) to your browser’s list of allowed sites (‘exceptions’) for pop-ups – failing to do so may prevent Smartlinks (GeoWarehouse®, SIM, Connect, etc.) from opening.
Shown below are the steps to create an exception for Fusion in each of the major browsers. There may be slight differences due to browser versions and settings, but the instructions should provide a basic overview of how to create a pop-up exception.
(Ver. 10 used as example; other versions are similar)
- Go to “Tools” → “Internet Options” → “Privacy”
- Click on the “Settings” button, located under the “Pop-up Blocker” header.
- Add Fusion to the list of exceptions by typing the URL into the field and clicking “Add”.
- Click on “Customize and Control Google Chrome”
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Content Settings” (located under the “Privacy” header)
- Click on the “Manage Exceptions” button located under the “Pop-Ups” header.
- Add “fusion.starrs.ca” to the list, and make sure that “Behaviour” is set to “Allow”
- Go to “Tools” → “Options” → “Content”
- Click on “Exceptions” (DO NOT uncheck “Block Pop-Up Windows” as this will allow pop-ups for all sites.
This is an important security feature!)
- Enter the Fusion URL in the “Address of Website” field
- Click “Allow”
Safari does not allow for exceptions to the pop-up blocker. To allow pop-ups in Safari, you must disable the
- Go to “Safari” → “Preferences” → Security
- Uncheck “Block Pop-Up Windows.”