Are your buyers unable to make it to a scheduled showing? Or your sellers unable to show their home when a showing has been booked? Did you cancel the showing? Not only is it courteous to cancel a showing request if the appointment cannot be honoured, it’s also required according to RAHB’s Rules & Regulations:
“Section 8 – Selling Procedures
8.04 If a Member is unable to keep an appointment, the Member shall:
(i) where the appointment was made directly with the Listing Brokerage, advise the Listing Brokerage, or if direct contact with the Listing Brokerage is not possible, advise the Seller directly; or
(ii) where the appointment was made directly with Seller as permitted under these Rules, advise the Seller directly.”
If you’ve booked your showing request in ShowingTime, you can also cancel it in ShowingTime. Here’s how:
1. Log in to ShowingTime from the Tools menu in Matrix. As ShowingTime is an SSO (Single Sign-On) link, no additional login information will be required.
2. In ShowingTime, Click on the Showings button, located on the left-hand side of your screen.
3. a) To cancel a showing that you have requested on another member’s listing, click I Have Requested.
b) Alternately, to cancel a showing request on one of your listings, select On My Listings.
4. On the right-hand side of your screen, you will see a list of showings that have been requested. Click on View/Modify for the listing in question.
5. Click on Cancel Appt.
6. This will bring up a dialogue box in which you can provide a reason for cancelling, and any additional comments. This information will automatically be sent out to the listing salesperson via their preferred method of correspondence (SMS, email, phone).
The listing salesperson will receive the following message:
Please feel free to contact the RAHB MLS® Department if you have any questions – 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.