|Hamilton, ON (August 20, 2021) – The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) is looking to support local shelter-based charities in the communities of Hamilton, Burlington, Haldimand County, and Niagara North by providing over $42,000 in donations. RAHB is accepting grant applications until Friday September 17, 2021.
RAHB is reaching out to its members and the communities it serves to raise awareness and guarantee that a variety of charities benefit from the grant each year.
“All strong communities have one thing in common – the ability to band together and help those in need,” says Donna Bacher, RAHB President. “RAHB is passionate about providing housing opportunities and building better communities and this grant facilitates both of these quality of life principles.”
Last year’s Grant Recipients from the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington were:
- Good Shepherd ($2,000)
- Halton Women’s Place ($3,500)
- St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation (part of Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation) ($2,000)
- Indwell Community Homes (Indwell) ($4,000)
- March of Dimes Canada Non-Profit Housing Corporation ($2,500)
- Mission Services of Hamilton ($4,000)
- Neighbour to Neighbour Centre ($4,000)
- Restoration Second Stage Homes ($2,500)
- Shifra Homes Inc. ($3,000)
- The Bridge: From Prison to Community ($2,140)
- The King’s Way Outreach Centre ($4,000)
- The Salvation Army Ellen Osler ($2,000)
- The Salvation Army Hamilton Booth ($1,500)
- Wesley Urban Ministries (Wesley) ($3,000)
- YWCA Hamilton ($2500)
For further details about the 2021 Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation Grants: https://realtorscareontario.ca/grants
For questions about the grant or to submit an application, please contact communications@RAHB.ca
About the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington: Established in 1921, the REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) is a registered non-profit organization that is the second largest real estate association in Ontario and the eighth largest in Canada. We represent over 3,500 members in Hamilton, Burlington and surrounding areas. Our members may use the REALTOR® trademark, which identifies them as a real estate professional who subscribes to a strict code of professional ethics. More information about RAHB is available at rahb.ca.
About the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation: The Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation, formerly the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) Foundation was established in 1967. The Foundation supports shelter-based charitable organizations across Ontario, making a difference in the lives of people and communities where REALTORS® live and conduct business