There is a great deal of uncertainty with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic. The world is currently coping with a global health challenge with significant human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of COVID-19.
With COVID-19 continuing to rear its ugly head in Canada, Ontario and our RAHB communities, we want to keep you informed as to what is happening with the Association, as well as what REALTORS® can do to stay safe and healthy.
- As of Monday, March 16, and due to changes in the situation in Canada over the weekend, the RAHB office is closed to members and the public in order to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our community.
- RAHB staff are in the office during our regular business hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Over the course of this week, RAHB staff will be transitioning to a remote work environment on a cascading schedule.
- We anticipate that by end of day Friday, March 20, 2020, the RAHB office will be fully closed and all staff will be working remotely. We will be sure to immediately inform members when this change takes effect.
- We will keep members informed of any updates or changes in RAHB’s operational status.
- We have not been informed of any RAHB staff or members who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- We are actively monitoring news and measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic closely.
What Does This Mean for RAHB Members?
- The MLS® Help Desk is open during regular business hours. You can reach us at 905-667-4650 or email@example.com.
- All in-person member meetings, events and education of any kind are postponed or will be conducted via teleconference.
- The Realty Shoppe is closed for in-person shopping and in-person account payments; however, we are taking orders via phone and e-mail. You can reach us at 905-529-5979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online payments and cheque mailbox drop-off payments are encouraged; cash payments are not permitted.
- RealTrack service is not accessible.
- OREA testing at the RAHB office has been cancelled as of Tuesday, March 17.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at 905.529.8101 and we will assist you in any way we can.
Recommendations for RAHB REALTORS®:
REALTORS® can be particularly vulnerable to sickness, as you are in constant contact with a variety of different clients and potential clients. A single open house can equal hundreds of interactions. While it is within the purview of your brokerage to make any final decisions, it is strongly recommended that you consider the following advice:
- Cancel, reschedule and/or limit showings and open houses, especially if the occupants of the home are ill.
- If showings and open houses proceed:
- Limit the use of washrooms in the home.
- Have cautionary signage and messages at the entrance of each property.
- Ask potential open house attendees to not attend if they are sick.
- Have hand sanitizer available for attendees of open houses for their and your protection.
- Limit touching physical items throughout a home during open houses and showings.
- Encourage homeowners to thoroughly clean their homes with disinfectant after showings and open houses.
- Ask attendees to e-mail you their contact information, as opposed to writing it down at the open house to limit sharing of pens, etc.
- Ask attendees of showings or open houses to notify you if they become ill within two weeks of the open house or showing.
- If an attendee becomes sick or is diagnosed with COVID-19, be sure to communicate this with the homeowner, other open house or showing attendees, their REALTORS® and RAHB.
- Refrain from greeting others with handshakes or hugs.
- Encourage fellow REALTORS® to provide information digitally.
- Be sure to regularly sanitize your phone, tablet, or any other digital devices you use.
- Avoid sharing items such as pens, paper, phones, tablets, etc.
- If you are over the age of 65, severely limit your interactions with others, and stay home.
Public Health Recommendations:
For information on COVID-19 – including current state, vulnerable populations, additional resources, etc. – please visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/
Please be diligent in keeping up-to-date and following the recommendations and guidance of our health officials and governments.
For Information/Updates on RAHB’s Business Operations:
For updated information on COVID-19 as it relates to RAHB, please visit our blog page at https://blog.rahb.ca/
We appreciate your understanding and support as we work hard to minimize the impact to you and your business, but at the same time fulfill our corporate duty to follow the guidance and directives of health and governmental agencies. Thank you for doing your part to stay healthy, and ensure the safety of your family, colleagues and our communities.
With the support of members and the proactive efforts of staff, I know RAHB will navigate these uncertain times. I offer my best wishes to you and your family, and hope that you all remain safe and healthy.
Carol Ann Burrell, CEO
REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington