Wondering how you can be more effective in advancing the development of affordable or assisted rental housing in Halton Region? Looking for some “tools” and resources? Just looking to network and learn more?
Monday, November 4, 2019
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Halton Regional Centre
1151 Bronte Road (external link)
They will have short presentations from experts in the field on the following:
- Construction and takeout financing for Non-profits – Housing Investment Corporation (HIC), Joshua Broadhead, Chief Underwriter and Housing Services Corporation staff
- National Housing Strategy funding/financing programs (Seed, CoInvestment, Rental Construction financing) with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), Anthony Adrien
- Ontario Non-profit Housing Association’s “Ready Set (re)Build” 2-day course that we are looking to host on December 12-13, 2019 with Fred Beaver, Education and Research Advisor (ONPHA)
- Understanding the impact on municipal and regional planning policies and zoning for your development site with Joe Nethery, Manager – Community Planning, Halton Region
- Rent supplement and tenant funding/placement opportunities, Andrew Balahura, Director Housing Services Social & Community Services, Halton Region
- Upcoming opportunities for 2020, Sarah Phillips, Senior Policy Analyst, Halton Region
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend!