The Board of Directors is seeking three (3) RAHB members-at-large to participate on the CEO Selection Committee.
The committee’s Terms of Reference, as outlined in RAHB Governance Policy & Practices Manual, is as follows:
Selection Committee Membership
The Selection Committee will be comprised of the President of the Board, President Elect, one (1) Board of Director member, and three (3) members-at-large. The Committee may call upon resources as required.
- Corporate Services Manager
- External Legal Counsel
- Recruitment Firm Committee
- Understands and is committed to the organization’s principles and plan for CEO succession, recruitment and selection
- Credibility and confidence of the Board of Directors in their ability to execute the Board of Directors’ approved plan and objectively consider potential candidates
- Understands the current organizational context, strategy and plan
- Availability for expected time commitment of meetings
Responsibilities of the Committee
- Review and understand the succession, recruitment and selection strategy and process
- Review the CEO position requirements and the current context of emerging trends and patterns affecting the requirements
- Implement the approved recruitment and selection process
- Objectively identify the best possible CEO candidate based on the selection criteria and process
- The objective of the Selection Committee is to oversee the Board of Directors’ approved succession process and to recruit and select the best possible CEO successor
- The Selection Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors
Following are the key activities required to assist in the selection of the best candidate:
The Board of Directors has approved the delegation of the shortlist interviews, identification of the preferred candidate and contracting of the new CEO to the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will seek full Board of Directors endorsement of the preferred candidate prior to entering into the contracting phase of their work. The Committee shall call upon three (3) advisors, for example, RAHB Auditor, Corporate Legal Counsel, and Consultant. The Committee will oversee the selection process and will draw upon other resources as required to fulfill their terms of reference.
The Selection Committee will assemble an interview panel to conduct the short list interviews. The interview panel will be comprised of the Selection Committee members plus other non-board members, as deemed appropriate by the Selection Committee (e.g. senior staff and external advisors).
Interviews will be conducted with all shortlist candidates using the Board of Directors’ approved interview questions and candidate evaluation form.
Based on the interviews and evaluations, the Selection Committee will identify the preferred successor candidate and will enter into an offer for employment following full Board of Directors endorsement.
If you wish to apply, please provide a resume outlining your experience in the following areas:
- HR Experience familiar with recruitment process in the corporate / nonprofit environment
- Experience with Senior Executive hiring
- Any other information that would be helpful for the Board of Directors’ consideration
Selection Committee participants must have no affiliation or conflict with members of the Board of Directors or possible candidates.
The Board of Directors will confirm the Selection Committee appointments by Friday, May 10, 2019. All participants will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
Please provide your submission in confidence to Kim Sanders (email@example.com) no later than Friday, April 26, 2019.