RAHB’s annual premier member event, REALTOR® CONNECTIONS AGM, Conference and Trade Show, was held Thursday, March 9, 2017 at the Grand Olympia Convention Centre!
Here’s a brief look back at the day:
RAHB Annual General Meeting
- Justin Podmoroff of Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services joined RAHB in the fall of 2016 and became our 3,000th Justin received a gift basket and was recognized at the RAHB AGM
- MLS® Chair Nikola Bucalo discussed what the MLS® Committee accomplished last year and what is on its work plan for 2017
- CEO George O’Neill provided an update on RAHB’s new Matrix MLS® System
- Audit Committee Chair Bob van de Vrande presented the audited financial statements for 2016
Find the MLS® report and audited financial statement in the 2016 RAHB Annual Report here.
Knowledge pods were divided into three streams – Commercial, Professionalism and Technology – and featured:
- Rebecca Mountain: 3 Keys to Lead Generation
- Mark Brodsky: 2017 Marketing Trends
- Kelvin Kucey: RECO Update
- Bruce McPherson: Real Estate and Drones
- Sue Rimac: New Interactive Zoning Lookup Tool
- Gregory Klump: CREA MLS® Home Price Index (HPI)
- Lucie Brusse: What You Need to Know When Selling a Tenanted Property
- John Davidson & Stephanie Mazhari: Update: Halton Region Economic Development
- 44 suppliers of goods and services filled the Exhibit Hall and foyer
- The Road to Success contest challenged those attending REALTOR® CONECTIONS to collect stickers from all 44 exhibitors. The prize: a $50 Pearl Hospitality Group gift card.
REALTOR® CONNECTIONS wound up with keynote speaker Stuart Knight’s motivational address on the Four Conversations for Success. Each member left with a reminder of the four conversations. Find the outline of Stuart’s presentation here.
Representatives of the Charity Auction Task Force collected donations to The Children’s Fund. Anyone who donated $100 was eligible for a draw for tickets to see Coldplay in August and all other donations were eligible for a draw for a $50 Pearl Group Hospitality Group.
Representatives of the Charity Golf Tournament took early registrations for the annual charity golf tournament on May 18, 2017 at Beverly Golf & Country Club. Members who signed up at REALTOR® CONNECTIONS went home with a little something to use in the tournament.
Members of the Member Engagement Committee conducted an informal survey about member communications and helped direct members to the various activities and contests.
Dennis Tian (Apex Results Realty Inc.) – $50 gift card for the Pearl Hospitality Group (Road to Success contest)
Penny MacKenzie (Keller Williams Edge Realty)- Tickets to Coldplay (Charity Auction Draw)
Vicki Steele (Royal LePage Macro) – $50 gift card for the Pearl Hospitality Restaurant Group (Charity Auction Draw)
Lily Cerminara-Clairmont (Re/Max Escarpment Realty Inc.) and Jeff Hewson (Century 21 Aberwin Realty Inc.) – Realty Shoppe Gift Baskets valued at $180 each
The Hamilton Spectator – Winner of the Best Booth Award (for exhibitors)