It was standing room only at the General Membership Meeting at the Burlington Holiday Inn on June 24, where members approved Bylaw changes to separate the MLS® Rules and Regulations and Bylaw. Members in attendance in person and by proxy voted 86 per cent in favour of the change. This effectively cleared the way for RAHB to continue moving forward with the Regional MLS® System.
RAHB was the last of the eight participating associations to ensure its Rules and Regulations and Bylaw are separate documents, which is a requirement for participation in the regional system.
Other highlights of the meeting
- 503 members attended and 126 proxies were registered for the meeting – the largest attendance in memory
- RAHB made use of secure voting devices (or “clickers” as they were called at the meeting) to record members’ votes. The clickers replaced the traditional red and green voting cards
- Members in attendance were encouraged to tweet their questions or comments on Twitter
- RAHB Past President Dan Gies, Chair of the Ontario Regional Technology & Information Services (ORTIS) Board of Directors, gave an update on ORTIS and the Regional MLS® System
- Bob van de Vrande (Apex Results Realty Inc.) presented a motion requiring greater transparency about professional standards, discipline and arbitration
violations and fines. (Information was provided to all members prior to the meeting and will also be included in upcoming annual reports.)
- Lynne Riddell (Keller Williams Edge Realty) won the draw for 2016 RAHB dues
Following the meeting, Michael Lane of ShowingTime demonstrated features of the appointment scheduling program which will be integrated into Matrix. (For more information about ShowingTime, watch the video at https://player.vimeo.com/video/117216129.)