The GeoWarehouse® Solution will be down on Friday July 17 from 6 – 10 p.m.
During this maintenance window, the GeoWarehouse team will be addressing items brought to their attention and new features:
- Mobile Optimized Experience: You will now be able to conduct your most-common workflows via your mobile device, including searching, confirming ownership, checking sales history, and purchasing reports.
- Launch of a new School Catchment Map layer in partnership with HoodQ.
- Search functionality enhancements.
- Owner Name & Legal Description have been added to the Basic Client Report (one-page report).
RAHB is excited to launch the Online Realty Shoppe on Thursday, July 9!
For details on what to expect in the new RAHB Online Realty Shoppe and how to shop, please scroll down.
To check out the new online store now, please click the button below.
Here’s What You Need to Know:
- To access the Online Realty Shoppe, simply click on the new Online Realty Shoppe icon on the dashboard at my.rahb.ca, or visit store.rahb.ca.
- The store is integrated with Clareity SafeMLS single-sign-on and will automatically generate an online shop profile, which is directly linked to your MLS® login.
- Upon first login or first purchase, you will be required to complete a RAHB Online Realty Shoppe profile to establish your preferred contact details.
- Please note that credit and debit payments through PayPal are unavailable at this time. Payments will be made at the time of pickup using credit (Visa or MasterCard – by phone) or charge to your RAHB account. If possible, please refrain from cash payments at this time. Thank you.
- Pre-ordered items will be ready for pick-up on Tuesdays and Fridays via curbside pick-up only, at the parking lot entry door for the RAHB offices.
- Curb-side pick-up: A pre-determined pick-up time will be coordinated by Realty Shoppe staff with each member. Upon arrival, the member must wait in their vehicle within the RAHB parking lot, and Shoppe staff will bring the order out of the building and place it on a designated table in order to adhere to social distancing measures.
- Entry into the RAHB building and in-person shopping is not to be permitted at this time.
- Delivery arrangements will continue as per the existing courier arrangements with brokerage offices.
- Access to the Online Realty Shoppe will be 24 hours a day, seven days a week; however, support will only be available 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- If you have any technical issues or questions regarding the Online Realty Shoppe, please contact Wanda at email@example.com or 905.529.5979.
Try It Out!
Members who complete an on-line purchase by August 31, will be entered into the draw for a RAHB Realty Shoppe prize valued at $50!
RAHB is excited to announce that tomorrow, Thursday, July 9 the online Realty Shoppe will be launching! Keep your eyes open for an e-mail with more information soon.
Incident took place in Strathcona area.
We have received disturbing information from the Mississauga Real Estate Board, regarding one of their members and a property owner in Hamilton.
The MREB member alleges that she was recently sexually assaulted at a property within the Strathcona area of Hamilton by a potential client who was referred to her by a reliable source.
The individual who allegedly sexually assaulted the MREB member said he had three properties to list. When meeting with the individual at one of the properties, the MREB member was allegedly lured upstairs where she was assaulted.
A complaint has been filed with Hamilton police and the suspect, who is from Burlington, is currently under arrest. A bail hearing has been scheduled for tomorrow (July 2).
The MREB member believes that she was not his first victim, and believes that this individual has assaulted others in the past.
If any RAHB members have had a similar experience of assault anywhere, please report it to the proper authorities, as well as RAHB so we can notify members.
Also, if you have had a questionable experience with a client but it did not lead to assault within the Strathcona area, we are asking that you also report this to the Hamilton Police Service so they have it on file for the above case involving the MREB member.
As showings continue to ramp up as the province moves throughout Stage 2 of the reopening, we would like to remind members to stay safe, as well as healthy, when meeting with clients/potential clients.
Thank you and have a safe and happy Canada Day.
The Hamilton Police Service has a unit specifically mandated and specifically trained to investigate sexual assaults. If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, report it by contacting 905.546.4925.
Sexual Assaults that take place in Burlington can be reported to the Halton Regional Police Service Child Abuse and Sexual Assault unit, through Detective Sergeant John Mans at 905.825.4747, x8970, or via e-mail at John.Mans@haltonpolice.ca.
For an incident that takes place within Haldimand County, please contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1.888.310.1122.
For incidences that take place within the Niagara Region, please contact the Niagara Regional Police Sexual Assault Unit at 905.688.4111.
We extend a warm welcome to RAHB’s newest members who joined our association between June 1 – June 30, 2020!
Coldwell Banker Community Professionals
EXP Realty of Canada Inc.
Homelife Professionals Realty Inc.
Homelife/Response Realty Inc.
IPRO Realty Ltd.
Keller Williams Edge Realty
Keller Williams Complete Realty
LEADEX Realty Inc.
Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd.
RE/MAX Escarpment Augustine Realty
M Al Kendi
RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
Right At Home Realty
Royal LePage Real Estate Services
Sutton Group Realty Systems
Zolo Realty Inc.
The Personal will be offering a widespread refund to their auto insurance clients. The Personal will give back to its client between 25% and 40% of the premium that they pay for one month, depending on the reality of each province, for a total amount up to $28 Million collectively. Furthermore, the great news is that no action is required to receive the refund – clients will automatically receive it through their usual payment method. Over the next few weeks, all eligible insured clients will be informed, by email, of the amount that they will receive.
There are several lock boxes attached to the railing in front of 130 Wellington Street North that have been there for over a year.
We have been asked to inform RAHB REALTORS® who may have lock boxes at this location that they will be cut off in five days.
TRREB has announced a new price structure for interboard listing entries and edits. The following new pricing will be introduced effective July 1, 2020:
1. Interboard listing fee: $90 per new listing;
2. Edits to existing interboard listings: $25 per edit.
In addition, TRREB is withdrawing from the UDSA program as of June 30, 2020. To that end, TRREB will be announcing a new non-TRREB Member subscriber category in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions about interboarding, please contact Pam in the RAHB office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about subscriber access, please contact Camryn in the RAHB office at email@example.com.
Just a reminder that the remote RAHB office will be closed Wednesday, July 1 for the Canada Day Holiday.
Updates continue on the GoMLS / Property Locator app for areas for improvement and uncover bugs in need of resolution. The most recent version of the app is now 3.1.27, and it is currently available in both the Android and iOS app stores. As ever, it is suggested that you update your app, or ideally enable auto-updates.
A comprehensive set of release notes is attached, outlining the changes made in each update to each operating system. Some of the most impactful issues in the releases are below.
- Agents can now add/edit their profile photos directly in the app
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented some iOS users from logging in with their Facebook login
- Additionally, there are more minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
To read the full list of improvements, please click here.
We extend a warm welcome to RAHB’s newest members who joined our association between May 1 – May 29, 2020!
Century 21 Heritage Realty
Coldwell Banker Community Realty
Keller Williams Complete Realty
Michael St. Jean Realty Inc.
One Percent Realty
RE/MAX Escarpment Realty
RE/MAX Escarpment Golfi Realty
RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services
Royal LePage Macro Realty
Royal LePage State Realty
Zoocasa Realty Inc.
CREA is aware and investigating reports of a phishing email campaign targeting members of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
The subject line of this fraudulent email is “Violation of Crea code of conduct” and it appears to be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. The email states, “We hereby inform you that you have violated CREA standard code of conducts. The facts of the case before you are in the documents attached in the email.”
The email also has a zip attachment, which seems to be infected.
If you receive a similar email, please do not click on any links, open any attachments or reply to the message. Delete the email immediately. It was not sent from CREA staff.
While CREA continues to take steps to help mitigate and investigate different fraudulent activities, unfortunately, fraudulent emails remain rampant in many industries. As always, please be vigilant when opening emails. CREA recommends that you:
– Delete unsolicited emails.
– Hover over a link to confirm its legitimacy before you click to see where the email is coming from.
– Do not open attachments from an account you don’t know.
If you have received a phishing email, please contact Member Support at email@example.com.