On September 8, the Honourable Karina Gould announced funding for six projects that will modernize and improve public transit in Burlington.
The Government of Canada is investing more than $5.1 million for projects through the Public Transit Infrastructure Stream (PTIS) of the Investing in Canada plan.
To learn more about the Investing in Canada plan, please click the button below:
Burlington public transit users will benefit from:
- The purchase of 12 new 40-foot conventional buses to expand the fleet over the next three years;
- The purchase of five new conventional buses that will replace current buses that have reach the end of their lifecycle,
- The purchase of three specialized accessible vehicles to support the community’s need for more accessible public transit over the next three years;
- The installation of devices on traffic signals and conventional buses that will help increase public transit efficiency and on-time performance by allowing buses to move through traffic more efficiently;
- The procurement and implementation of an intelligent transit system technology system to introduce new, on-demand services to areas that are currently under-serviced, and;
- The purchase of a new fuel that will improve the quality of the public transit system.
For more information, please click the button below: