23. The Cooperating Commission field must contain either a dollar amount and or a percentage. “See Remarks” is not acceptable. Any additional comments or details pertaining to the cooperating brokerage commission must be entered in the Cooperating Commission Comments field, not the REALTOR® remarks.
Did you know you can generate a Property Information Form (PIF) from data loaded into Matrix? This eliminates the need to fill out a standard RAHB MLS® Property Information Form.
Please note, however, that this replaces only the Property Information Form. All other necessary forms (OREA Form 200 Listing Agreement, OREA Form 810 Working With A REALTOR®, etc.) will still be required.
To get a Matrix-generated PIF, you will use a report called REALTOR® Full with Tabs and Signature. Here’s how:
1. Use the Matrix Input function to enter all listing data as you normally would. If you do not have Broker Load access, your office will need to do this for you.
(Here is a video tutorial on how to enter listings in Matrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeP8xJIngvk)
2. Once all listing data has been entered, save the listing as incomplete by clicking on the Save as Incomplete button, located at the bottom left corner of the screen. This will save the listing with Incoming status. Do not submit the listing at this point!
3. If you are printing the PIF immediately after saving the incomplete listing, click on the MLS® number on the Input Succeeded screen, which appears immediately after you click Save as Incomplete.
If you are returning to Matrix, the incomplete listing can be retrieved by going to My Matrix > My Listings, and selecting My Incomplete Listings from the Show Click on the MLS® number to open the listing.
4. With the listing open, select REALTOR® Full with Signature from the Display menu.
5. This will generate a report that can be signed by your seller, in lieu of a standard Property Information Form. Click Print to display the list of print options. Be sure to select all tabs that apply to your listing, as your seller will need to sign all of them. From here, you can click on either Print, Print to PDF, or Email PDF, depending upon your preference.
Each tab will have a signature and date lines at the bottom, which are to be signed by your seller prior to activating the listing.
After your seller signs the forms, return to your incomplete listings and activate the listing. Click the Edit button, and submit the listing from the familiar data entry screen.
Please feel free to contact the RAHB MLS® Department with any questions – 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.
CREA will be discontinuing their WEBForms® Classic version as of Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
To prepare for the change to the new version of WEBForms®, why not begin using it now? It’s easy to find the new site: when you go to WEBForms® Classic, you will see the notice shown below – just click on the red button that says Try the new version of CREA WEBFORMS® now! and you will be redirected to the site.
Note: This article was updated on July 18 to reflect the new date of August 8 for the discontinuation of WEBForms® “Classic”.
OREA has just launched a new tutorial series to provide you with a practical guide to using OREA Standard Forms and Clauses.
These new tutorials are designed to be relevant and informative, with tips you can apply to your business immediately.
Now available is a two-part mini-series that drills down into specific areas of OREA Form 100 Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
Part 1 covers:
Deposit section information
Clause 1 – Irrevocability
Clause 3 – Notices
Confirmation of Acceptance section
Part 2 covers:
Clause 4 – Chattels Included
Clause 5 – Fixtures Excluded
Clause 6 – Rental Items
Clause 8 – Title Search
The Schedule, including clause structure and cautions
Be sure to check OREA’s Standard Forms landing page for new tutorials and other updated resources.OREA Tutorials
Please note: all access to Standard Form resources is through member login.
You may occasionally find it necessary to send a listing to someone who is not your client – this could be a mortgage broker or a non-RAHB REALTOR® who would like to submit an offer on your seller’s property. These parties would require the REALTOR® Full report, but all of the functionality of the client portal would be unnecessary to them. There is a way to give them exactly what they need, without you having to set them up as a client.
Here is what you do…
1. Bring up the listing. Go to My Matrix > My Listings, select My Active Listings from the Show: drop down menu, and click on the MLS® number.
2. Click on the MLS® number for the listing in question. This will bring up REALTOR® Full. Click Print.
3. Click E-Mail PDF. Make sure that all appropriate tabs are checked off. This is how you will ensure that the recipient has all required information.
4. Complete the e-mail form, and click Send.
That’s all there is to it! This will send a link to your recipient which, when clicked, will start a download of the listing. This way, they have all of the information they need, without taking up space in your client list.
Please feel free to contact the RAHB MLS® Department with any questions – 905.667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ShowingTime has recently added instant messaging to their program. This will allow you to send and receive messages to and from any RAHB member. This is similar to many online messaging platforms – Facebook, for example – and is available both from the desktop site and from the app.
From the desktop view, you can access the message centre in two ways.
- From the main menu
- From the message inbox
To access your messages from the mobile app, click the icon in the upper right corner.
Here you will see a list of all the messages you are involved in. You can search for a particular message by name if you want.
Responding to a message is done in real time. The person you are chatting with will be able to respond to your conversation right away.
Creating a Message
To create a new message, click on the + sign.
You can choose to search for a fellow RAHB member::
Or search by listing:
If you send a message to a listing and there is a co-listing agent assigned to the listing, your message will automatically be sent to them as well.
Can I send a message before I schedule?
Yes. Once you pull up the scheduling screen you can send a message to the listing salesperson or broker.
This will open a pop-up window on your desktop. Please make sure you allow pop-up windows in your browser’s settings.
Please contact the RAHB MLS® Department with any questions – 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.
When you go to RAHB Education/Account Services, review your profile information and make sure your information is complete and up-to-date. You can edit your member profile information whenever you have a change of address, new website URL, new e-mail address, etc. It’s easy!
When you are in RAHB Education/Education Account Services home page, look for your member profile on the left-hand side of the page.
If information is missing, incomplete or incorrect, click on the Edit button to the right of the My Profile title:
Alternately, you could point to the Member button on the home page header and select My Profile.
Then go through your personal information listed in the fields presented to you, add or update information and then click on Update at the bottom of the page.
Please note that fields marked with an asterisk – which will all be populated for you – are mandatory; you can change the information in the field, but you cannot remove information or leave it blank.
If you have questions about how to change your information on the new Member Portal, contact Justin Hayes at the RAHB office at 905.529.8101 x250.
RAHB MLS® Committee members shed some light on the processes for a sales change and when a sale falls through, in this episode of Provisions of the Profession.
Provisions of the Profession is a new RAHB video series that will explore important information, issues, questions and practices of the profession.
A new column header titled EscCl (“Escape Clause”) has been added to the REALTOR® Single Line view for all property types.
This will allow you to see if Active CS properties have an escape clause. Previously, you would have had to open a REALTOR® Full display to see this additional information.
If you have any questions regarding this addition, please call the MLS® Department at 905.667.4650.
When you search for townhomes, select the picks Townhouse and Attached/Row to obtain the best results. If you select only Townhouse or only Attached/Row, you may be missing some listing results.
What’s the difference? Here are the descriptions for both these picks:
Rowhouses are freehold, residential properties that are attached on one or two sides, often found in older neighbourhoods. These units do not have a condo corporation, therefore no condo fees are associated with this property; the owner is responsible for the maintenance inside and outside of their property.
Townhouses are residential properties having two or more floors and attached to other similar units via common walls. They can also be “two on a lot” homes without subdividing the land nor attaching the houses, as there are many townhomes that are not built “all in a row” but rather as four or six around a centre courtyard. Townhouses are often used in both planned unit developments and condominium developments. A townhouse may or may not be a condo, and have associated fees.
Updated Property Information Forms (PIFs) for commercial and residential listings are now available in the Realty Shoppe! You can begin using the forms right away.
We have been advised that the updated forms will be available in WEBForms® in early July – stay tuned for more details.
Check out what’s new and different on each of the forms!
|Residential Summary||Commercial Summary|
If you do not use ShowingTime to book showings on your listings, it is recommended that you change your personal default so that any new listing that you place on the system does not automatically have ShowingTime enabled.
If your office opted in to using ShowingTime, you also opted in by default. This means that other REALTORS® can request showings via ShowingTime for your listings. If you personally are not using ShowingTime and you ignore these requests, it can lead to frustration and lost opportunities!
If you wish to have ShowingTime turned off for your listings, please take the following steps:
- In ShowingTime, Click on My Agent Setup from the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to Showing Agent Preferences. Set Allow Agents To Request Appointments Online to
Going forward, none of your new listings will have ShowingTime available by default.
You can enable ShowingTime for a single listing (or, if you are using ShowingTime, you can disable ShowingTime for a single listing) by completing the following steps:
- In ShowingTime, Click on Listing Setup from the menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- Choose the listing to be updated from the Search for a Listing tool.
- In the ShowingTime for the MLS® menu (at top of page), set Allow Agents to Request Appts Online to whichever applies (Yes or No). If No, then the ShowingTime option will not be available for that listing. This will not, however, carry over to other listings you may have.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the MLS® Department at 905. 667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.