RAHB’s Latest Updates
Winner of the Chili Cookoff, Nicolas Von Bredow
All the candidates for the 2019 Board of Directors.
Top row (left to right) Jim Duschl, Brian Shaw, Andrew Robertson, Hank Balfoort
Bottom row (left to right) Jacquelin Norton, Nicolas von Bredow, Julie Sergi
Just a reminder that the parking lot at the RAHB office will be unavailable for use on Friday, November 30 and Monday, December 3. If you are planning to visit the office on either of those days please allow extra time to find parking.
GeoWarehouse® will be performing maintenance from Friday, November 30 at 10 p.m. to Saturday, December 1 at 2 am.
During this maintenance window of four hours, users will not be able to access the GeoWarehouse® Solution while their team works on the following enhancements:
- A new one-page PDF Report-the Basic Client Report-which contains the most essential information
- Ability to insert your business card into the PDF Reports
- Easier condo and townhouse search
- Ability to insert static street view image in PDFs
- Map window displays saved LRO is now supported across multiple browsers
In addition to the above outage, GeoWarehouse® has scheduled maintenance to POLARIS database the following weekend: Friday, December 7 at 9 p.m. to Sunday, December 9 at 9 a.m.
Please note that during this window, you will be able to use GeoWarehouse® to conduct property searches and to purchase e-store products other than statutory reports (Parcel Register, instrument images, and plans).
GeoWarehouse® appreciates your patience and understanding; if you have any questions call 416.360.7542 or 1.866.237.5937, or email GeoWarehouseFeedback@teranet.
Ever wondered how to, in ShowingTime ….
- Remove listings that are no longer active from my list?
All listings are automatically archived after 14 days off market. However, it’s very easy to manually archive a listing: navigate to the listing you wish to remove under the My Listings menu on your desktop and select the Archive button on the listing worksheet’s side menu.
- Set up showing notifications to avoid duplicate e-mails?
If your listing is set up for appointments that require confirmation, you have an option to receive an initial request and an FYI for the confirmation. Based on your specific case, if you plan to confirm appointments, you can skip the FYIs.
Additionally, even though there are multiple channels to receive appointment notifications (e-mail, SMS, phone calls), select only the one you are most likely to check – that way, you can avoid feeling overwhelmed.
Last Thursday, November 22, RAHB members joined the Halton Housing Alliance for a morning of information and discussion surrounding the question What does Affordability Mean? and how we might shape a solution providing #AffordabilityForAll. To learn more about National Housing Day for Halton, you can review the powerpoint presentation below.
Have you received your RAHB Annual Election Meeting (AEM) package? It was e-mailed to all voting members yesterday, Tuesday November 20. The package includes all the information you need about the election and the meeting agenda. You can also view it by clicking on the button below.
Here’s how the election process will shape up between now and the election meeting:
Tuesday November 27- Thursday, November 29 Electronic voting available
Monday, December 3 Deadline for receipt of proxies
Wednesday, December 5 Annual Election Meeting
Plan to come to RAHB’s Annual Election Meeting on December 5! On the agenda are:
- CREA President Barb Sukkau: Keeping REALTOR.ca the Preferred Choice for Consumers
- CREA General Counsel Bill Harrington: The Business of Ethics – What’s In It For Me?
- Proposed Bylaw amendments
- Election Meeting
- Installation of 2019 Board of Directors
- Presentation of Scholarships in Memory of Karan Barker
- RAHB Year in Review
Royal Botanical Gardens
8:45 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. Meeting begins
Check the election package for complete details about the election timeline, the meeting agenda and candidates for election to the 2019 Board of Directors which are listed alphabetically and not by rank.
2019 RAHB Election Candidates
Hank Balfoort, Broker, Right at Home Realty Inc.
|video / Q&A|
Jim Duschl, Salesperson, RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
|video / Q&A|
Jacqueline Norton, Salesperson, Realty Network: 100 Inc.
|video / Q&A|
Andrew Robertson, Broker of Record, Keller Williams Complete Realty
|video / Q&A|
Julie Sergi, Salesperson, Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services
|video / Q&A|
Brian Shaw, Salesperson, Royal LePage State Realty
|video / Q&A|
Nicolas von Bredow, Broker, Royal LePage Macro Realty
|video / Q&A|
RAHB Election Meeting
Mark your calendar for the Annual Election Meeting to be held at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, December 5 at the Royal Botanical Gardens. Registration and continental breakfast begins at 8:45 a.m.
How to Vote Online
Advance electronic voting is available November 27, 28 and 29, 2018 commencing a 12:01 a.m. and ending 11:59 p.m. To vote, please visit http://evoting.rahb.ca/ElectionList.aspx. Video presentations from the candidates and candidates’ profiles (listed alphabetically, and not by rank) are also available on this site.
Hope to see you at any or all of the above events!
2018 Nomination Committee Chair
Join the OREA Forms Team on Wednesday, December 12 for an interactive overview of Broker of Record/Brokerage responsibilities and OREA Forms and Clauses that often affect trading activities.
Knowledge and awareness are paramount for reducing Brokerage and member liabilities.
This webinar, Broker of Record Responsibilities and OREA Forms, will provide Brokers of Record and Managers a detailed review of ongoing regulatory obligations. We will identify the many vital Forms resources to utilize in offices to keep members up to date.
Webinar learning objectives:
- What’s new and revised for 2019 OREA Forms and Clauses
- OREA Form #400 Agreement to Lease revisions
- OREA Forms post-cannabis legalization, including four NEW clauses
- Challenging Question/Answer discussion points re FINTRAC, e-signatures, advertising consent and suggestions for varied areas for Brokerage policies
- Recent member market issues connecting to helpful OREA Forms for accountable discovery, disclosure, acknowledgements and consents
- Refresher on finding the many excellent OREA resources for Brokerages
The webinar will be facilitated by Cassandra Agnew Walker, who will be joined by Lou Radomsky, OREA Forms Legal Counsel and Hugh Foy, a huge fan of REALTORS®. It takes place at 1 p.m. EST on December 12, 2018. Registration can be completed online now. If you are unavailable on the date of the webinar, you can still receive a link to the recording by registering.
All OREA Standard Forms webinars and related resources are for OREA members only. To access the webinar recordings and forms resources you must be registered with a brokerage that is a member of Organized Real Estate, which includes OREA membership.
Meet the candidates for the upcoming RAHB Board of Directors election as RAHB members battle it out in a chili cookoff to see who will reign Chili Supreme! Taste and vote on your favourite chili as you learn about the election process. This is also a great opportunity for you to meet the candidates and ask the candidates questions prior to the opening of electronic voting.
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Time: Noon – 1 p.m.
Where: RAHB Office (Lower Level Rooms)
505 York Blvd, Hamilton, L8R 3K4
CREA’s HPI Tool – Tableau
For more information on how to use the HPI Tool, please visit www.crea.ca/housing-market-stats/mls-home-price-index/getting-started/.
On November 8th, CREA’s Chief Economist, Gregory Klump presented two sessions at RAHB about the HPI Tool. If you would like to view his powerpoint presentation, click the button below.
The session was also recorded.
Enjoy a 10 per cent discount on Friday, November 23 on Shoppe products purchased in person at the Realty Shoppe (some restrictions apply and while quantities last).
Check out some of the new items in the Shoppe below.
RAHB and CMHC are teaming up to present Real Estate Outlook 2019, where you will learn about economic, geographic and demographic variables that will influence the housing market in the Hamilton-Burlington area in 2019.
On the agenda for this half-day event are:
- Anthony Passerelli, CMHC’s Senior Market Analyst, will discuss the state of Hamilton’s and Burlington’s housing markets, and present CMHC’s forecast for the 2019 housing market
- Additional speakers to be determined, so stay tuned to learn who will be in attendance to engage and inform!
Tickets are now on sale!
RAHB member = $42 +HST
non-RAHB member = $52 +HST
Broker table (10) = $420 +HST
Thank You To Our Sponsors
RBC - Signature Sponsor
CIBC - Silver Sponsor
Scotiabank - Silver Sponsor
The RAHB Board of Directors recently approved the addition of two new policies to the RAHB MLS® Policies for photos.
The additions and attendant revisions to the (now) Photos/Images policy are noted in bold text below.
|Current Photos Policy||Approved Amended Policy|
The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington reported 1,035 sales of residential properties located within the RAHB market area were processed through the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) System in October, 2018.
Follow the links below for:
- Residential Market Activity for RAHB Area
- All RAHB Residential Market Activity and HPI Report (17 pages)
- RAHB Residential Market at a Glance
- Social Media Stats Kit
- Stats Map for Entire RAHB Area
- RAHB Commercial Activity
- Residential Real Estate Market Activity Table for Burlington
- Burlington Market Activity and HPI Report (72 pages)
- Burlington Area Map
- Residential Real Estate Market Activity Table for Haldimand
- Haldimand Market Activity and HPI Report (62 pages)
- Haldimand Area Map
- Residential Real Estate Market Activity Table for Hamilton
- Hamilton Market Activity and HPI Report (199 pages)
- Hamilton Area Map
On October 15, Habitat for Humanity Hamilton experienced a massive theft when over $10,000 worth of supplies and equipment was stolen from its warehouse. Items taken include compressors, saws, nail guns, cordless drills and copper pipe. Habitat for Humanity was in the midst of building a home in downtown Hamilton on Wilson Street and the theft will affect that, as well as other projects.
Habitat for Humanity Hamilton is appealing to the community for donations of new or slightly used tools, as well as monetary contributions. The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington will be donating financially to the organization, and if you would personally like to donate please call 905-560-6707, or e-mail their CEO Sean Ferris directly at email@example.com.
We extend a warm welcome to RAHB’s newest members who joined our Association between
September 29 and October 30, 2018!
Century 21 New Age Realty Inc.
Homelife Professionals Realty Inc.
iPro Realty Ltd.
Keller Williams Complete Realty
Keller Williams Edge Realty
Kingsway Real Estate
LEADEX Realty Inc.
RE/MAX Escarpment Realty Inc.
RE/MAX Escarpment Golfi Realty Inc.
RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
Right At Home Realty Inc.
Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services
Royal LePage Macro Realty
You can review your current – and past – RAHB invoices, print the invoices and even print your full 2018 invoice of charges, payments and HST paid to RAHB any time you want – it’s easy!
1. From your Single Sign On (SSO) dashboard at my.rahb.ca, click on the RAHB Education/Account Services icon (it’s in the second row of icons on your dashboard).
2. Sign in to your account (this is a temporary step until full launch of this member portal).
Note: Contact Corporate Services at 905.529.8101 for assistance if your password doesn’t work.
3(a). When you are on the new Member Portal, look for Account Balances in the upper right of the screen:
Click on Pay Now. Don’t worry – you don’t have to pay your account right away! Clicking on this button will allow you to see your account details.
3(b). Alternatively, instead of clicking on Pay Now, you can hover over the green Member tab at the top of the page, and choose My Account to view your account. This will take you to the same page as using the Pay Now link.
4. On your My Account page, you will see your monthly charges. If you see only the current month, these are charges you are accruing during this month. These charges have not yet been billed, so you do not owe this amount yet.
If, however, you see more than one month, then the earlier months have not yet been paid, and you owe those amounts.
(You can pay your invoice amounts by selecting the document numbers you would like to pay, then clicking on the green Pay $ button. You will enter your credit card number, security code and expiration date – the rest of the information about you will be pre-populated. Click on the Next button to process your payment. Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.)
5. To view the details of your current or past account information, click on the Date Range History tab at the top of the page.
6. Insert the date range you wish – you can enter the dates or use the calendars to the right of the boxes. Once you click Update, you will see your all of your charges, payments and HST for the date range you specified. For your taxes next year, you will want to use January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018.
7. Print your invoice using the Print icon at the top right of the page.
Note: There is a History tab at the top of your page. You can use this button to view all charges/payment history inclusive of HST. Use the Date Range History tab as described in steps five, six and seven to view/print your payment history with the HST broken out.
When you search for active listings in Matrix or set up an auto e-mail for a client, are you including both the Active and Active CS statuses in your criteria?
Active CS listings are listings with conditional sales, including conditions with an escape clause. Until these listings are reported as sold, they are still active and will, in fact, continue to appear on REALTOR.ca. Including Active CS-status listings in your searches and auto e-mail criteria will ensure your listing matches include ALL active listings, and your clients won’t have to wonder why a listing shows up on REALTOR.ca but not in their e-mails from you.