23. The Cooperating Commission field must contain either a dollar amount and or a percentage. “See Remarks” is not acceptable. Any additional comments or details pertaining to the cooperating brokerage commission must be entered in the Cooperating Commission Comments field, not the REALTOR® remarks.
On Monday, May 20 at 2 a.m. Matrix is being upgrade to version 8.3.10. There is expected to be about 15 minutes of downtime. Featured changes include:
Print to PDF Map update – issues causing timeouts when interactive maps where printed to PDF have been resolved
Portal links – portal links in emails were incorrectly taking the user to the map or list rather than individual listing, that has been resolved.
Email button – When sending an email from Matrix, the Send button could be clicked multiple times resulting in duplicate copies of the email being sent.
The Send button now becomes disabled immediately when clicked to prevent this.
To read the complete release notes, please click the button below.
Corelogic has recently added a disclaimer to the photo upload screen on Matrix. This forces the user to certify that they are the owner of the photos, or have permission from the owner to use the photos. It is a violation of RAHB’s MLS® policies to use another member’s photos without their written permission, and this certification reinforces this. From the RAHB MLS® Policies:
“If a member is using another members’ previous listing photo on a listing without written permission, the photos will be removed, the status will be changed to information withheld until a new photo is provided, and a $50 fine will be levied to the member.”
From a functional standpoint, the photo upload does not function any differently than before the upgrade. The button that previously read “Save” now reads “Certify and Save”. Clicking on this button (located below the disclaimer) will save the photos to the listing.
If you are an administrative assistant uploading the images on behalf of a REALTOR®, this could create some confusion as you may not be familiar with the photos that you are uploading. It is RAHB’s recommendation that should you be unsure as to whether or not the listing REALTOR® has the right to use the photos, that you verify this with them before uploading.
As always, please feel free to contact RAHB MLS® staff with any questions. We can be reached at (905)667-4650, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, April 10 at midnight, Matrix will upgrade to 8.3.8 which will cause 15 minutes of downtime to the system.
New features will include:
- Drag and drop search results reordering
- Results will display listings in same order as entered in speed bar
- Print Listing notes option
- Multiple carts can be created for a single contact
Other enhancements include:
- Criteria tab is enabled after using Refine–>Narrow tool
- Client portal remembers user’s last mode
- Various widget enhancements
- Driving directions now available in concierge approval screen and My Listings
- Photograph upload certification
Attention Brokers of Record: did you know you can send messages within your Brokerage through Matrix? This even includes office administrative staff!
If you would like to utilize this feature, simply follow these instructions:
- Log into Matrix
- Hover over the blue Admin tab
- Under News and Calendar click Manage News
- To add a news item to your Brokerage, click Add
- Enter the Start Date
- Enter the Subject
- Enter the Expires date
- Select the Priority
- Type in the message you want. You may adjust the font size, style and colour
- Click Add to make the message live
If you have any questions regarding this feature, please contact the MLS® Support Desk at 905.667.4650
If you’ve ever needed a better understanding as to what the seller instructions are for the Martix Listing Load, below are clear instructions.
RAHB has received numerous complaints regarding missing property history. Matrix uses multiple fields to match properties, and if all of these fields do not match, the property history will not appear. Please be mindful of RAHB’s MLS® Rules & Regulations and Policies regarding listing accuracy, listed below:
Rules and Regulations, Section 2 – MLS® Listings, Sub-section 2.05 states:
The Listing Brokerage and Listing REALTOR® are responsible for the accuracy of all information submitted by the Listing Brokerage to the Association’s MLS® System, whether Board Loaded or Broker Loaded.
RAHB’S MLS® Policies:
- That listings on all property types (including farms and vacant land), whether in town or out of town, shall show the address as per the street table and the address specifies on of the following:
Matrix will be performing standard maintenance on Friday, February 22, 2019 commencing at 12 a.m. The maintenance window is expected to last for 1 hour and 30 minutes. During this time, the system will be unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Three new forms pertaining to VOW’s are now uploaded and available to all members. The forms are found in Matrix under the Links tab and under the heading RAHB (see photo). The forms are titled RAHB RETS 3rd Party Agreement Form, RAHB Member VOW Contract and RAHB Seller VOW Opt-Out Form.
When you search for active listings in Matrix or set up an auto e-mail for a client, are you including both the Active and Active CS statuses in your criteria?
Active CS listings are listings with conditional sales, including conditions with an escape clause. Until these listings are reported as sold, they are still active and will, in fact, continue to appear on REALTOR.ca. Including Active CS-status listings in your searches and auto e-mail criteria will ensure your listing matches include ALL active listings, and your clients won’t have to wonder why a listing shows up on REALTOR.ca but not in their e-mails from you.
MATRIX MAPPING TOOLS – LAYERS
Did you know that the Map Search feature in Matrix can do more than display listings? You can use the map to display key data, including regions, municipalities/sub-areas, neighbourhoods and points of interest. Here’s how:
1.From the Search screen, click on Map Search. Then, click on the Layers button, located at the top right corner of the map
2. To display the outlines for regions, municipalities/sub-areas and neighbourhoods on the map, select Ontario Boundaries from the layers drop down list:
Whatever overlay you choose will appear on the map.
3. To display several different points of interest, Select Points of Interest from the Layers menu. This will allow you to display the following on your map:
- Arts and Entertainment
- Fire and Police
- Food and Dining
- Gas Stations
- Health Care
- Post Offices
- Religious Organisations
Points of interest will appear as blue icons on the map. Please be aware, however, that points of interest are not available if you have the map zoomed out. If you zoom in enough so points of interest are available, the text for the selections will be black, as shown below. If they are in red, you will need to zoom in further.
Please feel free to contact the RAHB MLS® Department with any questions, at 905.667.4650 or email@example.com