RAHB is pleased to announce that work has been ongoing to provide additional access to listing information from neighbouring Ontario Associations/Boards. As part of this work, RAHB has recently signed an agreement with the Ontario Collective group. The Ontario Collective is comprised of Bancroft & Area Association of REALTORS®, Kawartha Lakes Real Estate Association Inc., London and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS®, North Bay Real Estate Board, Northumberland Hills Association of REALTORS®, Peterborough and The Kawarthas Association of REALTORS® Inc., Quinte & District Association of REALTORS® Inc., REALTORS® Association of Grey Bruce Owen Sound, Southern Georgian Bay Association of REALTORS®, The Lakelands Association of REALTORS®, Tillsonburg District Real Estate Board and Woodstock-Ingersoll & District Real Estate Board.
Effective Monday, August 26, 2019 all RAHB members will have access to the Ontario Collective Matrix system through “IntraMatrix”. IntraMatrix can be easily accessed through the Matrix top menu by clicking on the “IntraMatrix” tab.
IntraMatrix provides RAHB members the following functions:
- Enter contacts
- Create auto e-mails
- Create saved searches
- Search, print and e-mail listings
- Prepare a CMA
- Search property history
- Create Matrix statistical reports
IntraMatrix brings you into a separate Matrix system. This means your contacts, saved searches, auto e-mails, CMAs and cart information from RAHB’s Matrix system will not be available in the Ontario Collective system. The information you create will be unique to each specific system.
While working with any listings on the Ontario Collective system, some differences to keep in mind are:
- Statuses (In addition to the Sold status, there is a “Leased” status when a listing has been leased). (Conditional statuses are not broken out as “CS” – conditionally sold or “CN – no more showings, as is in the RAHB Matrix).
- Listing reports (RAHB Matrix reports were customized based on member feedback) and may appear slightly different in IntraMatrix.
- My Listings widget will not show any of your listings on the RAHB Matrix system, as RAHB listings will not appear to RAHB members in IntraMatrix, only to members of the Ontario Collective group.
For a brief video tutorial outlining the IntraMatrix system, please click below:
If you have any questions, please contact the RAHB Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Matrix upgraded on Wednesday, August 21 at 2:30 a.m.
The upgrade included a new feature titled “Reorder Search Results Using Drag and Drop”. This new feature in the search results screen allows users to manually reorder rows using drag & drop. There will be a “Drag & Drop” handle icon in the left-most column of display grids. To use the feature, users will click and hold on this icon, then drag the highlighted row to desired location, the release. Printed reports, e-mails and export will use the manually sorted order.
- Drag & Drop is only supported in grids, it is not supported in Single-Line displays
- Clicking on a column header will override manually sorted rows
- CMA Comparable tab supports Drag & Drop for manual sorting. Note: When the CMA button is pressed in Search Results – that sort order is nor carried over to the CMA Comparable tab
- Driving Directions will not use manual sort order, Directions will automatically calculate shortest route between addresses, however you can reorder properties within the Directions screen
- Drag & Drop is not supported in Matrix Mobile
- Drag & Drop may not be supported on some mobile and tablet devices in Full Desktop mode
- Drag handles are only visible when all results fit on a single page. Drag handles will be hidden when more than one page of results are displayed. Users have the option to display more rows on a single page usually up to 100 rows (sometimes more) by changing the Display n per page. Manually reordering result sets on multiple pages of results is not supported.
It is important the information displayed in Matrix is accurate and correct. If you are viewing listing data and are concerned there may be inaccurate information being displayed, RAHB encourages all users to report any inaccuracies.
To facilitate this, there is a “Report Error” link available in Matrix on each REALTOR® Full display at the top of the page. This link, when selected, will open a window where the listing address and MLS® number is auto-populated. There will be a “Subject” drop down menu that you will be required to choose from.
Under the area labeled “Concern”, type in any data inaccuracies with the listing and click the “Submit” button. Any errors reported will remain confidential. MLS® staff follow up on all Report Errors that are submitted and any necessary changes to the listing data are made either by the Listing Salesperson/Brokerage or directly by MLS® staff. You can also choose to receive a copy of the report that you are sending.
Should you have any questions regarding the “Report Error” link, please call the MLS® HelpDesk at 905.667.4650.
The below message is sent on behalf of the RAHB MLS® Committee.
RAHB’s Board of Directors recently approved to have the following new features added in Matrix, effective Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
1. Single Line Display with Photo
This feature provides a single line display that includes a thumbnail photo of the property, negating the need to click off this view to see the first photo image of the property. This display will be added to your display drop down list in Matrix as “REALTOR® Single Line w/photo”.
2. Special Columns on Single Line Displays for “Bedrooms and Baths”
Currently, the single line display shows total bedrooms and bathrooms. These new special column headers show the total bedrooms and baths, but also show in brackets the total above and below grade for bedrooms, as well as full and half bathrooms. If you wish to implement these on your single line display, you can insert the new column headers and make this your new single line display default by clicking on the grey “Set/Clear Defaults” icon in the top right corner.
Example: Beds Baths
3 (2+1) 3 (2+1)
3. Searching “City Favourites”
There is now a new search field called “City Favourites”. It automatically keeps track of the favourite cities you have entered in previous searches and saves them for 30 days. REALTORS® can select this with one click, rather than scrolling and selecting one at a time.
As always, if you have any questions about these new Matrix features, please contact the MLS® Help Desk at 905.667.4650 or email@example.com.
It has come to our attention in Listing Input in Matrix that the “Include on 3rd party sites” field under the Seller Instructions was not displaying. RAHB has been working with the vendor and the situation is now resolved. Now when inputting a new listing the default for “Include on 3rd party sites” will be yes. If you do not wish you’re listing to be sent to any 3rd party sites, please click the dropdown menu and select no. If you are editing a previous listing, “Include on 3rd party sites” will be a mandatory field and you will not be able to save your listing until you select yes or no.
We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any future questions, please contact the MLS® department at 905.667.4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current Cooperating Brokerage Commission field allows up to 22 characters. Beginning on May 23, 2019, the field will be expanded to allow up to 200 characters. This change is being made to ensure the cooperating brokerage commission data is available for Virtual Office Websites (VOWs), as set out by the Competition Tribunal Order.
Along with the change to the number of characters allowed in this field, the Board of Directors have approved the following new MLS® policy that will also take effect on May 23, 2019 as follows:
23. The Cooperating Commission field must contain either a dollar amount and or a percentage. “See Remarks” is not acceptable. Any additional comments or details pertaining to the cooperating brokerage commission must be entered in the Cooperating Commission Comments field, not the REALTOR® remarks.
This means on May 23, 2019, any current active listings on the MLS® system and any new listings entered should ensure the cooperating brokerage commission is appearing ONLY in the “Commission to Cooperating Brokerage” field, not in the REALTOR® remarks. Not following the new MLS® policy will mean your listing may not be in compliance with the Competition Tribunal Order.
On Monday, May 20 at 2 a.m. Matrix is being upgrade to version 8.3.10. There is expected to be about 15 minutes of downtime. Featured changes include:
Print to PDF Map update – issues causing timeouts when interactive maps where printed to PDF have been resolved
Portal links – portal links in emails were incorrectly taking the user to the map or list rather than individual listing, that has been resolved.
Email button – When sending an email from Matrix, the Send button could be clicked multiple times resulting in duplicate copies of the email being sent.
The Send button now becomes disabled immediately when clicked to prevent this.
To read the complete release notes, please click the button below.
Complete Release Notes
Corelogic has recently added a disclaimer to the photo upload screen on Matrix. This forces the user to certify that they are the owner of the photos, or have permission from the owner to use the photos. It is a violation of RAHB’s MLS® policies to use another member’s photos without their written permission, and this certification reinforces this. From the RAHB MLS® Policies:
“If a member is using another members’ previous listing photo on a listing without written permission, the photos will be removed, the status will be changed to information withheld until a new photo is provided, and a $50 fine will be levied to the member.”
From a functional standpoint, the photo upload does not function any differently than before the upgrade. The button that previously read “Save” now reads “Certify and Save”. Clicking on this button (located below the disclaimer) will save the photos to the listing.
If you are an administrative assistant uploading the images on behalf of a REALTOR®, this could create some confusion as you may not be familiar with the photos that you are uploading. It is RAHB’s recommendation that should you be unsure as to whether or not the listing REALTOR® has the right to use the photos, that you verify this with them before uploading.
As always, please feel free to contact RAHB MLS® staff with any questions. We can be reached at (905)667-4650, or email@example.com.
On Wednesday, April 10 at midnight, Matrix will upgrade to 8.3.8 which will cause 15 minutes of downtime to the system.
New features will include:
- Drag and drop search results reordering
- Results will display listings in same order as entered in speed bar
- Print Listing notes option
- Multiple carts can be created for a single contact
Other enhancements include:
- Criteria tab is enabled after using Refine–>Narrow tool
- Client portal remembers user’s last mode
- Various widget enhancements
- Driving directions now available in concierge approval screen and My Listings
- Photograph upload certification
Attention Brokers of Record: did you know you can send messages within your Brokerage through Matrix? This even includes office administrative staff!
If you would like to utilize this feature, simply follow these instructions:
- Log into Matrix
- Hover over the blue Admin tab
- Under News and Calendar click Manage News
- To add a news item to your Brokerage, click Add
- Enter the Start Date
- Enter the Subject
- Enter the Expires date
- Select the Priority
- Type in the message you want. You may adjust the font size, style and colour
- Click Add to make the message live
If you have any questions regarding this feature, please contact the MLS® Support Desk at 905.667.4650
If you’ve ever needed a better understanding as to what the seller instructions are for the Martix Listing Load, below are clear instructions.
RAHB has received numerous complaints regarding missing property history. Matrix uses multiple fields to match properties, and if all of these fields do not match, the property history will not appear. Please be mindful of RAHB’s MLS® Rules & Regulations and Policies regarding listing accuracy, listed below:
Rules and Regulations, Section 2 – MLS® Listings, Sub-section 2.05 states:
The Listing Brokerage and Listing REALTOR® are responsible for the accuracy of all information submitted by the Listing Brokerage to the Association’s MLS® System, whether Board Loaded or Broker Loaded.
RAHB’S MLS® Policies:
- That listings on all property types (including farms and vacant land), whether in town or out of town, shall show the address as per the street table and the address specifies on of the following: