Have you been reading about the changes coming to RAHB’s MLS® System before the spring market of this year? RAHB’s own Matrix system will be making an appearance in the next few months, and RAHB has been providing information to you about how you can prepare for the change.
Be sure to watch your email inbox for issues of The Shift, our specialty publication about all things Matrix. If you’ve missed some issues, you can find them in REALTOR Link® – just look for the link to The Shift on the right hand side of our home page.
Five fields in Fusion will become mandatory!
The latest issue of The Shift (December 19, 2016) had important news about five fields in Fusion that will become mandatory on January 24, 2017:
- Total Area will be mandatory for all commercial property types, excluding business-only listings. The information will be required in the “Total Area” line on the current RAHB Property Information Form.
- Heat Source will be mandatory for all residential property types. Use the field for “Fuel” on the current Residential Property Information Form.
- Square Footage & Square Footage Source will be mandatory for all residential property types. Place the information in the “Square Footage +/-” line on the current Residential Property Information Form. You can write the source of square footage underneath.
- Assessment Roll Number will be mandatory for all residential and commercial property types. Enter the information in the “Roll #” section of the current Property Information Form.
- Zoning for listings located in Brantford, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Niagara, Oakville/Milton and Simcoe. This will apply to all residential and commercial property types in these areas. Zoning will not be mandatory for listings located in the RAHB area.
For full information about about the five mandatory fields and where to find the information, plus new information about changes to “For Lease or Sale” listings, view the full version of the December 19, 2016 issue of The Shift here or view the December 19 issue of The Shift in REALTOR Link®.
As of Monday, December 5, 2016, when you visit GeoWarehouse through RAHB’s single sign on, Fusion or Matrix, you will land on the NEW version of GeoWarehouse. While GeoWarehouse will not be fully cutting over to the new version until January 2017, they are giving you the chance to become familiar with this new version well ahead of time. You will still be able to navigate to the more familiar version if you prefer, but you will always be landing on the new version when you visit the site.
When your listings are submitted to Fusion and uploaded to Matrix, the listing number assigned by Fusion receives an “X” at the beginning of the number when it appears in Matrix. So a listing H1234567 in Fusion becomes XH1234567 in Matrix.
When your clients view their listings sent from Matrix to their client portal they will see the MLS® numbers prefixed with the “X”.
If your clients are searching for their listing on REALTOR.ca, they will not be able to find it with the listing number beginning with “X”. You should let them know that they can find their listing on REALTOR.ca by omitting the X from the beginning of the number.
A Matrix icon has now been added to your SSO dashboard, giving you a short and easy way to access Matrix. It is the first icon in the “Resources” section of your dashboard.
Just remember – even though you can access Matrix through your dashboard, you will still have to sign in with your Matrix user ID and password. (your Matrix user ID is the same as your Fusion user ID with “HB” at the beginning)
On January 19, 2016, an additional field called ‘Reserved Spaces’ was added to the Matrix system for Residential Property types. This field was added to accommodate previous listings from other MLS® systems which permitted text in the ‘Garage Spaces’ field. With text being allowed, some agents were inputting not only the number of spaces, but also the space assignment numbers (e.g “2,A123,B456” where 2 would be the number of spaces and A123/B456 would be the assigned parking spot numbers). Following the addition of the new field ‘Reserved Spaces’, the ‘Garage Spaces’ field data will be copied to the ‘Reserved Spaces’ field and then the ‘Garage Spaces’ field will be changed to a numeric entry only field. The reason for this change is to allow for a more accurate and flexible way to search for parking/garage spaces using the numeric input fields.
Driveway Parking Spaces <numeric character input>
Garage Spaces <freeform character input>
Result: no easy way to predict what might be typed in the ‘Garage Spaces’ field, making it very difficult to search.
Reserved Spaces <freeform character input>
Driveway Parking Spaces <numeric character input>
Garage Spaces <numeric character input>
Result: easier to search the ‘Garage Spaces’ field now that is a numeric value only.
Also new! Garage Types – New pick value
On January 19, 2016, the value ‘Oversized’ was added to accommodate oversized garages which are commonly referred to as a “1.5 Car Garage” or “One and a Half Car Garage”.
Please note these changes are only in Matrix – this does not affect your listing entry into Fusion.
Held at RAHB – 505 York Blvd. – Lower Level
C – Chambers Room M – McCullough Room
- New Member Computer Training Level 1
Thursday, December 10 – C, 9 a.m. – noon
Thursday, December 17 – C, 9 a.m. – noon
Board of Directors, Committee and Task Force Meetings
Held at RAHB – 505 York Blvd. – First Floor
T – Thompson Room P – Purnell Room
- Board of Directors
Thursday, December 10 – T, 9 a.m.
- Awards Task Force
Friday, December 11 – T, 9:30 a.m.
- Realty Shoppe Inventory Day
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Shoppe will be CLOSED
- Realty Shoppe Renovations
Monday, December 21 – Wednesday, December 23.
Shoppe will be CLOSED
- Annual Appreciation and Awards Gala
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Michelangelo Events and Conference Centre
1555 Upper Ottawa St, Hamilton
(by invitation only)
- REALTOR® CONNECTIONS
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Hamilton Convention Centre
1 Summers Lane, Hamilton
The RAHB office will be closed from 1 p.m.
Thursday, December 24, 2015 until
Monday, January 4, 2016.
Later this year, RAHB will be part of a regional MLS® system and members will have a bright, shiny new MLS® system and access to listing information of eight real estate associations (including RAHB).
Here are the basics:
- RAHB will join with the associations in Brantford, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener-Waterloo, Niagara, Oakville-Milton and Simcoe to form the regional group
- A regional MLS® system means that access agreements, access membership and interboarding will no longer be required among the participating associations
- The MLS® System is being built specifically for the regional system on CoreLogic’s Matrix platform – a system that is faster and better than Fusion and – best of all – works on all devices
- The regional system will serve over 7,000 REALTORS®. That means we can expect to see some savings on services and products
Want to know more?
Recently RAHB has been receiving requests to make sales changes to amend the selling salesperson’s name.
When the listing brokerage reports the sale, they likely report the selling salesperson to be the salesperson who presented the offer and completed the deal. However, many members work as part of a team, on behalf of a specific member, and sales are credited to the team leader.
When you are the selling salesperson on an offer but wish your team leader to be credited with the sale, you must ask the listing brokerage to amend the sale information. You must do this as soon as possible, as the listing brokerage must report the amendment within five business days of the original report of the sale, as per RAHB’s MLS® Policy:
- Any corrections to a firm Agreement of Purchase and Sale report, with the exception of revisions to the closing date, must be submitted within five (5) business days of the original report of sale.
Two new search fields have been added to the “Residential” search criteria under the “Add Fields” tab: “Total Bedrooms” and “Total Bathrooms”. Once you add them to your search criteria, it becomes easier to find properties with the total number of bedrooms and bathrooms you require, regardless of whether they are above or below grade or, in the case of bathrooms, full baths or half-baths.
Here’s how the new fields work:
“Total Bathrooms” – When you search for a home with, for example, two bathrooms – either full baths or a combination of full and half baths – you can add this field and enter a value of “2” in the new “Total Bathrooms” field. The search will return all the residential properties with two or more bathrooms, regardless if there are two full baths or one full bath and one half bath.
“Total Bedrooms” – When you search for a home with, say, three bedrooms and you don’t care if they are above or below grade, you can add this new field. It will add the number of bedrooms and number of additional bedrooms to give you a result. (Previously you could use only the “Bedrooms” field, which only counted the bedrooms above grade.)
RAHB will be part of an expanded regional MLS® database as early as spring of next year. (more…)
New App for REALTORS® and homebuyers in Southern Ontario
Look4Homes, a new app designed for iPhones and Androids, will soon be available to the members of the four STARRS associations – RAHB, Niagara, Brantford and Simcoe – and their clients.
This new product has great features for REALTORS® and their homebuyers:
- Interactive map searching using GPS location-based technology in the iPhone and Android platforms
- View property on maps, including satellite view
- Search using all the criteria you are used to, including price range, number of beds and baths
- Easily see all property details including multiple photos, price, property details and descriptions
- Find your way to the front door using the turn-by-turn directions provided
- Save properties for easy review later, or share them via text, email, Facebook or Twitter
Watch for the release of Look4Homes before the end of June.
SmartLinks and pop-up blockers
It is recommended that you add Fusion (URL: http://fusion.starrs.ca) to your browser’s list of allowed sites (‘exceptions’) for pop-ups – failing to do so may prevent Smartlinks (GeoWarehouse®, SIM, Connect, etc.) from opening.
Shown below are the steps to create an exception for Fusion in each of the major browsers. There may be slight differences due to browser versions and settings, but the instructions should provide a basic overview of how to create a pop-up exception.
(Ver. 10 used as example; other versions are similar)
- Go to “Tools” → “Internet Options” → “Privacy”
- Click on the “Settings” button, located under the “Pop-up Blocker” header.
- Add Fusion to the list of exceptions by typing the URL into the field and clicking “Add”.
- Click on “Customize and Control Google Chrome”
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Content Settings” (located under the “Privacy” header)
- Click on the “Manage Exceptions” button located under the “Pop-Ups” header.
- Add “fusion.starrs.ca” to the list, and make sure that “Behaviour” is set to “Allow”
- Go to “Tools” → “Options” → “Content”
- Click on “Exceptions” (DO NOT uncheck “Block Pop-Up Windows” as this will allow pop-ups for all sites.
This is an important security feature!)
- Enter the Fusion URL in the “Address of Website” field
- Click “Allow”
Safari does not allow for exceptions to the pop-up blocker. To allow pop-ups in Safari, you must disable the
- Go to “Safari” → “Preferences” → Security
- Uncheck “Block Pop-Up Windows.”
Please be aware that Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported by Corelogic (as Microsoft support for these operating systems has ended) and as such you may experience compatibility issues when using Fusion. (more…)