RAHB’s Latest Updates
Nominations for the 2018 RAHB Board of Directors are now open!
Do you want to put your name forward or nominate another member? Check out the official information package, which includes:
- Notice of Election Meeting
- 2017 Election Schedule
- Qualities of a Director
- Nomination Form (Nominations open on October 16 and close November 3, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.)
- Candidate Profile
If you’re thinking of running for the 2018 Board and want to hear about the process for nominees as well as what it’s like to be a Director, be sure to drop by the October 25th Candidates Cafe at the RAHB Office (McCullough Room, lower level) at 10 a.m.!
Thanks and we look forward to receiving your nomination packages!
Final cutover to the RAHB Matrix system has begun! Here’s what you need to know:
- Broker loading was disabled in Fusion at 4 p.m. today (Monday, October 16, 2017). There will be no listing entry available until Noon tomorrow (October 17) when cutover to the RAHB Matrix system is complete.
- You need to use the new Matrix Residential and Commercial Property Information Forms for all listings entered anytime after 4 p.m. today – old Fusion forms are not compatible with the RAHB Matrix system.
- Listings entered in Fusion after 9 p.m. yesterday (Sunday, October 15) will not be uploaded to REALTOR.ca until Noon on October 17 – note that listing photo uploads may be delayed a few hours, but will be available by Midnight on Tuesday, October 17.
- After the final cutover on October 17, the Fusion, SIM and OpenHouses.ca icons will be removed from your my.rahb.ca dashboard. Click here for more information.
- Due to the technical difficulties Corelogic experienced while trying to migrate saved searches and auto emails to the RAHB Matrix system last week, we have extended the period for you to check your saved searches and auto-emails in the regional system. You will continue to have access to the regional system until Noon on Thursday, October 19. Please use this extra time to double check that all of your contacts, saved searches and auto-emails successfully transferred to the RAHB Matrix system. Be sure to turn off your saved searches and auto-emails in the regional system and turn onyour saved searches and auto-emails in the RAHB Matrix system. In the event that you do not turn off your saved searches and auto-emails in the regional system, they will be automatically disabled at Noon on Thursday, October 19. Remember: even though you will have access to the regional system until Thursday, October 19, you must now maintain all of your saved searches and auto-emails in the RAHB Matrix system.
- Once cutover is complete on October 17, all listing entry, maintenance and searches will be performed in the RAHB Matrix system. We hope you enjoy using the new RAHB Matrix system!
As always, if you have any questions about Matrix or the final cutover, please get in touch with our MLS® Department at 905.667.4650 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday) or with me at 905.529.8101 x241.
RAHB Matrix Project Manager
Did you know that RAHB Matrix 7.0 comes with a map upgrade? Previously we used Bing maps, now we have Google maps.
When you click a map, you can have either a map view or a Google street view. Currently, Google street view in the Client Portal produces only a black screen.
CoreLogic has advised this issue should be fixed within the next three weeks.
Until that update is complete, there is a work around: simply place your mouse on the outside edge of the map window until you see the double arrow. Then click to resize the window either smaller or larger and the Google street view will then appear.
Matrix includes a feature that will greatly simplify broker loading: Geowarehouse Auto-Fill. This will allow you to use land registry information supplied by GeoWarehouse (Teranet) to fill in some of the most often used fields required to complete a listing. This is available for all types of listings – commercial or residential – and is very easy to use.
1. Begin listing input in RAHB Matrix as you normally would. This may be a good time to review broker loading in RAHB Matrix:
2. From the Add A New Cross Property listing menu, choose Fill From GeoWarehouse.
3. Enter the address or PIN to conduct a GeoWarehouse search.
4. Choose the appropriate property from the results list.
Using this feature will populate the following fields for you:
- Street Number
- Street Name
- Street Type
- Street Direction (If Applicable)
- Postal Code
- Legal Description
- Assessment Year
- Seller’s Name
If you broker load listings, be sure to give this new feature a try. It is sure to be a time saver!
You may have noticed that in the regional Matrix, RAHB listings were prefixed with an “X”. In RAHB Matrix (just as it was in Fusion), there is no “X”.
The “X” was necessary to differentiate RAHB listings in the regional system.
RAHB will now go back to use only the letter “H” as a prefix on all its listing numbers.
Any shared identities created in Fusion or in regional Matrix will not be carried over to RAHB Matrix upon cutover. You will be required to recreate these if you wish to continue using them after cutover.
The Matrix equivalent of Shared Identity is Team Settings. To set up your Team Settings in Matrix:
- Hover over the My Matrix.
- Click Settings.
- Click Team Settings.
- You can use this page to create and manage a formal team, and/ or simply enable other Matrix users to occasionally work as you.
- Click Click here to create a team.
- Enter the team member’s User ID.
Once you have entered the User ID, the team member’s information should display. Select one of the following:
- Have this member Impersonate me, or
- Have this member Work on Behalf of me.
Once you have made your selection, that user will then be able to have full access to your Matrix account. Your teammates can then work as you, using their Working As hyperlink, located in the top right corner of Matrix.
To remove a team member:
- Hover over the My Matrix.
- Click Settings.
- Click Team Settings.
- Put a check in the box beside that person’s name.
- Click Delete.
If you wish to delete the entire team, click Disable this team feature.
What’s the difference between having someone impersonate you or work on your behalf?
- Work as Another User (impersonation): When impersonating another user, any action taken in Matrix will appear as though it was taken by that user (eg. Reports and emails will display the impersonated user’s name, email address, header/footer and email signature).
If a salesperson you work with added you to his/her team in Matrix and set you up to impersonate him/her, you would be able to do the following:
Send emails with his/her name and email address, using his/her email banner and footer (if they had been chosen) and email signature.
Print reports – any reports printed while impersonating another salesperson will have the information of that salesperson in the “Courtesy of” information. In other words, the report will look as if it were printed by the salesperson you are impersonating.
Access another salesperson’s Matrix Contacts and Saved Searches (although you cannot change his/her team settings). When you send an email from Matrix while you are impersonating another salesperson, the name and email address in the “From” line will be highlighted in yellow. This is to call attention to the fact that you are sending that email as that salesperson, but to the client, the email will look as if it came from the salesperson you are impersonating.
- Work on Behalf of Another User: When working on behalf of another user, any action taken in Matrix will show that it was taken by you on behalf of the other user. For example, emails sent from Matrix will be sent using your name, email address, header/footer and email signature, but will indicate that they are being sent “On Behalf of” the other user.
If a salesperson you work with added you to his/her team in Matrix and set you up to work on behalf of him or her, you would be able to do the following things:
Send emails from Matrix that would be sent from your name and email address on his/her behalf, and would use your email banner and footer (if you have chosen one) and email signature.
Print reports – any reports you print while working on behalf of another salesperson will indicate that they were printed by you on behalf of the other salesperson.
Access his/her Matrix Contacts and Saved Searches (although you cannot change his/her team settings).
Office administrators (those employed directly by a brokerage) will have access to the REALTOR Link® (and by extension, WEBForms™) profile of any salesperson in their office. This eliminates the need to create alternate identities in REALTOR Link®, and so alternate.rahb.ca will be retired.
Office administrators can access REALTOR Link® for their members by following these steps:
- Hover over the Search.
- Click on the REALTORS® link in the drop down menu.
- Enter the last name and first name of the member.
- Click on the member’s Member ID.
- Click on Login as Agent Realtorlink.
- Click on the WEBFORMS link top right corner.
A personal assistant is employed directly by a REALTOR®, and should have access only to that person’s WEBForms™. To allow your personal assistant access to your WEBForms™ profile, all you need to do is set him/her up as a teammate using the steps described above. When your assistant is signed in as you, they will be able to access your WEBForms™ using the same method that you use (from Tools tab è WEBForms™).
If you work with a partner, or wish to allow access to another user in your absence, you can follow the same steps for them as you would for a personal assistant. This may be necessary if you are leaving for vacation. If this is a temporary arrangement, you should remove this user from your team using the instructions outlined above.
There’s only one week until we make the final cutover to RAHB’s Matrix MLS® System on Tuesday, October 17, 2017! Here are a few things you need to know as we get closer to cutover.
Sunday, October 15, 2017
Monday, October 16, 2017
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
OpenHouses.ca and SIM
As noted above, these programs will be removed from your dashboard once we cut over to Matrix.
You will no longer require the OpenHouses.ca link, as you will be able to enter your public open houses directly into Matrix. Here’s a video explaining how.
SIM will be retired with Fusion because some of the reports are obsolete, some are available in Market Reports in Matrix, and others are under your My Matrix tab in Matrix.
There are, however, several reports that will be re-programmed for Matrix. We are in the process of redeveloping Residential Sales by Area and the Residential Comparison Report, and will consider other reports as well. These reports will be available prior to the end of November.
If you are a regular user of SIM, here’s where you can find the various reports in Matrix:
Member and Office Activity
SIM included reports that would show your listings and sales activity for a given year. There are two reports in Market Reports > On Demand that will give you the same information:
- Agent Production Report: This report will display only your sales activity for a specified period of time. Unlike SIM, where you were restricted to one calendar year, this report will show you all of your sales for a specified period. You can make it as long or as short a time period as you like.
- Office Production Report: This will show you all of your office’s production (without identifying the listing or selling salespeople) for a given period, similar to the Agent Production Report.
Head Office Production Report
This report, available only to Brokers of Record, will show all activity for their Brokerage. The time frame can be specified, similar to the two reports mentioned above, and if there are multiple offices in the Brokerage, you can select which offices to display.
Information about your previous listings history, along with your current inventory, can be found under My Matrix > My Listings.
Market Share Reports for both individuals and brokerages are currently being explored.
As always, you can contact the RAHB MLS® Department with any questions. Our staff can be reached at 905.667.4650, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays. You can also contact me at 905.529.8101 x241 with your questions.
Good news! As of October 3, 2017 at Noon, you will have access to regional listing data in RAHB Matrix. This will include all current active listings, as well as all historical data (including sold, expired, cancelled, and suspended listings). These listings will appear automatically within your search results; you need not do anything special to access this data. This is how the system will work going forward into the future.
Saved Searches and Auto Emails
From this point on, you should perform all your saved searches and auto-emails in RAHB Matrix. There is no need to search in regional Matrix, as RAHB Matrix now has exactly the same data set as the regional system. You should also no longer do searches in Fusion, as you and your clients will be missing out on the regional data.
Fusion should be used only for listings entry and maintenance until the final cutover on October 17, 2017.
Your saved searches from Fusion and regional Matrix will be transferred into RAHB Matrix the week of October 10, 2017, so please double check that they are working correctly as some geographical areas in RAHB Matrix have been modified from those in Fusion.
Your CMAs will not be transferred to RAHB Matrix from either Fusion or the regional system. If you want to keep your CMAs from either Fusion or regional Matrix, you will need to either print them or save them as PDFs. Here’s how:
- Open the CMA manager
- Go to the CMA you wish to save
- Click on step “7. View/Email CMA”
- Click on “View/Print this CMA”
- Click on “My Matrix” > “My CMAs”
- Click on the arrow next to the CMA you wish to save or print
- Click “View CMA”
- This will open the CMA into a PDF file that you can save or print.
Please be aware that when RAHB makes the final cutover to RAHB Matrix on October 17, there is no going back! You will no longer have access to Fusion or regional Matrix, so make the most of this time and save all your work.
The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB) reported 2,296 new listings were processed through the RAHB Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) System in September, which is 17.2 per cent higher than the same month last year and 16.7 per cent higher than the 10-year average. Click here to read the full release.
Calendar magnets are an economical marketing tool – just remove the cover from the adhesive magnet and attach your business card. The Realty Shoppe currently has four designs to choose from, but only while quantities last. To order yours today, contact the Shoppe at (905)-529-5979 or email@example.com.
The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington extends a warm welcome to its newest members from August 24-September 25!
Coldwell Banker-Burnhill Realty
Coldwell Banker Community Professionals
Homelife Professionals Realty Inc.
Judy Marsales Real Estate Ltd.
Keller Williams Complete Realty
RE/MAX Escarpment Realty Inc.
RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc.
Right At Home Realty Inc.
Royal LePage State Realty
In order to facilitate data sharing between RAHB and ORTIS, there will be a brief period where no data will flow from the RAHB Matrix system to the regional Matrix system. Any new listings (or changes to existing listings) entered after 6:00 p.m. on October 1, 2017 will not be reflected in the regional Matrix system until 12:00 p.m. on October 3, 2017.
During this time, it is recommended that you use both the RAHB Matrix system and regional Matrix system for all of your searches. This will ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date RAHB listings, while continuing to see listings from the regional boards/associations.
RAHB apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. This procedure is necessary to allow Corelogic to implement data sharing in time for our Matrix cutover on October 17, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact the RAHB MLS® Department at (905)-667-4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear RAHB Members,
I am pleased to announce a firm date for the final cutover to RAHB’s Matrix MLS® System – Tuesday, October 17, 2017!
This means that at noon on October 17, 2017, you will have access to all RAHB and regional MLS® listings (both actives and solds) in one system – RAHB’s Matrix system. Since you will no longer need to login to the regional system after that date, regional accounts will then be disabled and Fusion will be retired.
Here are a few things you need to know leading up to the cutover:
- In order to facilitate data sharing between RAHB and ORTIS, there will be a brief period where no data will flow from the RAHB Matrix System to the regional Matrix system. Any new listings (or changes to existing listings) entered after 6:00 p.m. on October 1, 2017 will not be reflected in the regional Matrix system until 12:00 p.m. on October 3, 2017. During this time, it is recommended that you use both the RAHB Matrix system and Regional Matrix system for all of your searches. This will ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date RAHB listings, while continuing to see listings from the regional boards/associations.
- As of Tuesday, October 3, 2017 you will see regional data in the RAHB Matrix MLS® System. The data will be live and updated every 15 minutes. Make sure your auto emails are up-to-date and turned on in the RAHB Matrix system and turned off in Fusion and the regional Matrix system after October 3, 2017. You can access the RAHB Matrix system on your single sign-on dashboard at my.rahb.ca.
- There will be one final pull of saved searches and auto-emails from both Fusion and the regional Matrix system into the RAHB Matrix system the week before the October 17 cutover. After the final pull, you must maintain your searches in the RAHB Matrix system. If you modify your searches in Fusion or the regional Matrix system after the final pull, those modifications will not carry over to the RAHB Matrix system. We will announce that specific pull date as we get closer to cutover.
- There will be a period from 4 p.m.on Monday, October 16 to Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at noon when you will not be able to enter or modify listings in either Fusion or the RAHB Matrix system. Both systems will be available in read-only mode, which means you will only be able to conduct searches. Any listings that are not broker loaded prior to 4 p.m.on Monday October 16 must be completed using the new RAHB listing forms (click for tutorial) which will be available in an online PDF and at the Realty Shoppe on September 27, 2017.
- Once we have officially cutover on Tuesday October 17, 2017 you will load and edit your listings and perform new searches within the RAHB Matrix system.
What can you do now to prepare?
• Update your custom marketing materials (saved views, shortcuts, headers, footers, personal logos, etc.) in the RAHB Matrix system. You can learn how to do this on our Basic Matrix video tutorials posted on rahb.ca/matrix.
• Practice broker loading on the RAHB Matrix Broker Load test site. This will allow you to become acquainted with the Matrix Input function in a practice environment before you have to use it to enter live data this fall. Learn how.
• Start creating stats chart in RAHB Matrix. Once we cutover, RAHB’s Statistical Information Management (SIM) program will be retired. As such, you will need to generate all of your real estate stats within the RAHB Matrix system. Follow this tutorial for all of the details.
• Free Matrix training courses are available at the RAHB office. Check out dates and times on our events calendar, and register soon – courses fill up quickly!
• Watch your inbox for our weekly newsletter, NewsReal, for the latest Matrix updates.
If you have any questions about the RAHB Matrix system or the final cutover, please visit rahb.ca/matrix or call the MLS® department at 905.667.4650 – our staff are ready to help you Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for being a RAHB member.
The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington (RAHB)reported 1,748 new listings were processed through the RAHB Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) System in August, which is 5.4 per cent higher than the same month last year and 4.2 per cent higher than the 10-year average. Click here to read the full stats report.
At RAHB we strive to continuously improve everything we do, focused on the three core competency areas of our association:
- managing an efficient real estate marketplace;
- providing effective local advocacy; and,
- offering the best professional development opportunities for our members.
You may remember that in May of this year, in this column, I talked about how RAHB contributes to the efficient real estate marketplace in Hamilton, Burlington and our outlying areas. The three pieces that work together to provide an efficient marketplace are the MLS® System itself, the rules and regulations for ensuring the system is fair for all, and the discipline process that is invoked if a member works outside the rules.
A data sharing agreement has been achieved with the seven regional boards and associations around RAHB, and our new Matrix 7.0 MLS® System will be rolled out later this fall. The new MLS® System will enhance how you work in the marketplace and will improve what you can offer your clients. As for the other two pieces of our market – rules and discipline – there are indications that change is coming from outside our association.
There is a move by the provincial government to overhaul REBBA 2002. If that occurs, it may change the rules you currently work under and may possibly change the discipline process as well. RAHB may need to re-visit our rules and processes to accommodate whatever adjustments are made by the government, and manage how those changes affect the marketplace.
OREA is taking the lead in discussions with the government and in recommending measures to strengthen the real estate licensing legislation while taking into account how REALTORS® work in their respective marketplaces.
Local advocacy and government relations have been an important part of RAHB’s place in the community and our service to you. We will be placing greater emphasis on those two roles and looking to place RAHB more firmly as a voice for the real estate community and home ownership. We intend to forge stronger relationships with municipal elected officials and representatives, and continue working closely with OREA and CREA to develop those same kinds of relationships with provincial and federal representatives from our market area.
As you will read later in this newsletter, this is the last issue of Realinfo in both print and digital versions. We are putting aside the monthly format to bring you RAHB and industry news in a more timely, weekly manner.
Earlier this summer, we initiated weekly emails under the name of NewsReal. So far, NewsReal has covered updates on Matrix, some general news and reminders of upcoming events. Starting in mid-September, NewsReal will also include RAHB and industry news, plus the features such as Realty Shoppe specials, Ethics Corner, new members, Professional Development and more that you’ve come to expect in Realinfo. Going forward, NewsReal will be your weekly newsletter.
We have taken this step for several reasons. First of all, we want to be able to provide you with information about issues of importance to you when the information is still current, but without filling your inbox with additional emails from RAHB. Once-a-week communications will have us in touch with you regularly but not too often.
We are also concerned about conservation – conservation of paper and staff resources. Printed copies of Realinfo were historically circulated to all member offices, yet recently only a few members indicated an interest in continuing to receive a paper copy.
I’m excited we can be in touch more regularly, and you can be kept more up to date on RAHB news.
Last but certainly not least… I would like to encourage you to attend one or more of the four community open forums coming up in September. Your Member Engagement Committee has planned informative meetings in Burlington, Caledonia, Dunnville and Grimsby – come out and hear officials from the respective Planning Departments. Also on the agenda will be opportunities for open discussion – bring your questions and be ready to talk about the hot topics on your mind. I look forward to seeing you there. If you can’t attend, the Burlington meeting will be live streamed via Facebook Live. You must belong to RAHB’s Members-only Facebook group to see the feed, so join today!
The REALTORS® Association of Hamilton-Burlington extends a warm welcome to its newest members from July22 to August 23, 2017!
Apex Results Realty Inc.
Century 21 Dreams Inc.
Keller Williams Complete Realty
Keller Williams Edge Realty
Kingsway Real Estate
Robert Kronas Real Estate
One Percent Realty Ltd.
RE/MAX Escarpment Realty Inc.
Right At Home Realty Inc.
Thank You to Our Sponsor:
When you move it is important that your new address is updated with RAHB.
Why? Members have experienced issues when they use their credit card to pay their RAHB account. The address on their account (which comes from their membership records) does not match the address the credit card company has on file, and so their payment is declined.
To avoid this happening to you, please ensure that your address is up to date with RAHB. You can contact one of our corporate services staff, or log in to your Single Sign On (SSO) dashboard at my.rahb.ca, click on “Education/Account Services”, then click on View/Update Personal Information and update your own information.
Thank You to Our Sponsor:
Register for any Professional Development course or ProDev+ through RAHB Education/Account Services (button on your SSO at my.rahb.ca) or by contacting Angela at email@example.com or 905.529.8101 x233.
Held at RAHB – 505 York Blvd.
Lower level room: C – Chambers M – McCullough
Negotiation Strategies for Commercial Leasing – Don Patterson (NEW!)
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
RAHB Members: $45+HST
Master Open House – Amyn Chagan
Monday, October 23, 2017
9 a.m. – Noon
RAHB Members: $79+HST
(if registered by October 16, 2017; Regular $99+HST)
(if registered by October 16, 2017; Regular $123.75+HST)
Multiple Offers: The Seller, The Buyer and You! – Bill Johnson
Thursday, November 9, 2017
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
RAHB Members: $45+HST
Shift Your Paradigm – Jacquelyn MacKenzie (NEW!)
Monday, November 13, 2017
10 a.m. – Noon.
RAHB Members: Free
Best Practices – Everyday Use of Forms – Hugh Foy (NEW!)
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
10 a.m. – Noon
RAHB Members: $30+HST
Reminder: RAHB Office Closure
Monday, October 9, 2017 (Thanksgiving Day)
Thank You to Our Sponsor:
Four designs will be available, but only while supplies last.
Calendar magnets are an economical marketing tool that your clients will appreciate receiving; just remove the cover from the adhesive magnet and attach your business card.
Special features include:
- Calendar begins November/17
- Each page has either a Home Tip/Recipe/Quote and/or memo lines (depending on the calendar)
- Canadian holidays indicated
- A reorder page (for next years’ calendar) for clients to use to contact you
- Year-at-a-glance calendar and kitchen conversions pages
- Envelope included
- Removable magnet punch-out reduces mailing cost and makes two products out of one! Use the punch-out as a second business card magnet
For best selection, contact the Realty Shoppe to pre-order your first choice today. Popular titles sell out fast!
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. T: 905.529.5979 F: 905.529.7109
E.: firstname.lastname@example.org * All applicable taxes are extra. Prices subject to change.
We are pleased to let you know that all RAHB news will be coming to you in our new weekly email, NewsReal!
You will receive NewsReal by email each Wednesday, and it will include features, updates and the information you would usually find in Realinfo.
Realinfo has served well as our main vehicle for providing information and RAHB news through the years. Over time, however, our communications to you have become more frequent with information that is more time-sensitive, so instead of bombarding you with ever-more emails in addition to Realinfo, we will send a weekly update of what’s new and noteworthy.
NewsReal has already begun, and we hope you find the format easy to read and the contents informative.
Realinfo features such as Realty Shoppe specials, new members, professional development offerings, ethics issues, and so on will continue in NewsReal, so be sure to watch for them.
This is our last issue of Realinfo. Thank you for reading our monthly newsletter so faithfully.
The last word
Don’t want to wait for the weekly issue of NewsReal? Keep up to date on RAHB news by visiting our blog at blog.rahb.ca! All articles from NewsReal (and all past articles from Realinfo) are posted here, so it is the place to go for all the news, past and present.
You can also see the news as it’s posted by subscribing to an RSS feed from the blog. Here’s how:
1. Choose your RSS feed service. If you don’t know any, you can either search “RSS feed services”, or try https://www.lifewire.com/top -free-online-rss-readers-3486649 and use one the seven recommended free services.
2. Once you’ve chosen a service, follow the instructions to set up your account.
3. When you are prompted for the URL of the site you wish to follow, insert blog.rahb.ca/feed.
4. Then sit back and watch for notifications as new articles are published.
Thank You to Our Sponsor: