Over 500 members attended RAHB’s 97th Annual General Meeting (AGM), featuring guest speaker David Chilton, on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at Michelangelo Events and Conference Centre. Thank you to everyone who attended and participated.
President-Elect Bob Van De Vrande presented the Financial Report.
Members adopted the 2017 year-end audited financial statements and appointed Norton McMullen as the Auditor for the fiscal year 2018. There were 445 votes in favour versus 47 opposed.
President Jack Loft presented four Bylaw Amendments.
- The motion to amend the RAHB Bylaw to remove the MLS® Committee from the list of Board Committees and change the status to an Operational Committee was defeated – 327 votes to 174 votes.
- The motion to amend the Bylaw to increase remuneration for the President and President-Elect, and to provide remuneration to the Immediate Past President (the same amount as for the President-Elect) and the Board of Directors (for Board meetings attended) was approved – 415 votes to 97 votes.
- The motion to amend the Bylaw to allow RAHB to participate in the Revised Cooperative Discipline Agreement for real estate boards and associations in Ontario was approved – 477 votes to 13 votes.
- The motion to allow RAHB staff to make “housekeeping” changes to the Bylaw to adjust punctuation, numbering, etc. was approved to ensure the intent of the Bylaw changes is carried throughout the document as necessary – 474 votes to 7 votes.
As per the voting and approvals, the RAHB ByLaw has been amended.
MLS® Committee Chair Kathy Della-Nebbia presented the MLS® Report:
The report touched on MLS®-related initiatives in 2017 (data share in place; new Matrix system go-live in October; review and update of some MLS® Rules and Regulations and Policies; update of Smithville boundary), the new ShowingTime scheduling program and what the MLS® Committee will focus on in 2018.
RAHB CEO George O’Neill provided an update on RAHB’s Strategic Plan.
The update covered the five main components of RAHB’s three-year strategic plan: Vision, Mission, Values, Goals and Core Competencies.
- Dena Zlatar (Royal LePage State Realty) won the draw for 2019 RAHB dues.
- Angela Nolan (RE/MAX Escarpment Realty Inc.) won the draw for the drone.
- Biliana Dib (Royal LePage Macro Realty) won the draw for the iPad.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Following the AGM, members and selected guests enjoyed a delicious hot buffet lunch before enjoying the insightful, often hilarious, presentation by guest speaker David Chilton of CBC Dragons’ Den fame, and author of The Wealthy Barber and The Wealthy Barber Returns. Be sure to “like” our Facebook page and keep an eye out for our professional photographs of the event!
Thank you to all who attended RAHB’s spring AGM! We look forward to seeing you at the next one!