Dear RAHB Members,
I am pleased to announce a firm date for the final cutover to RAHB’s Matrix MLS® System – Tuesday, October 17, 2017!
This means that at noon on October 17, 2017, you will have access to all RAHB and regional MLS® listings (both actives and solds) in one system – RAHB’s Matrix system. Since you will no longer need to login to the regional system after that date, regional accounts will then be disabled and Fusion will be retired.
Here are a few things you need to know leading up to the cutover:
- In order to facilitate data sharing between RAHB and ORTIS, there will be a brief period where no data will flow from the RAHB Matrix System to the regional Matrix system. Any new listings (or changes to existing listings) entered after 6:00 p.m. on October 1, 2017 will not be reflected in the regional Matrix system until 12:00 p.m. on October 3, 2017. During this time, it is recommended that you use both the RAHB Matrix system and Regional Matrix system for all of your searches. This will ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date RAHB listings, while continuing to see listings from the regional boards/associations.
- As of Tuesday, October 3, 2017 you will see regional data in the RAHB Matrix MLS® System. The data will be live and updated every 15 minutes. Make sure your auto emails are up-to-date and turned on in the RAHB Matrix system and turned off in Fusion and the regional Matrix system after October 3, 2017. You can access the RAHB Matrix system on your single sign-on dashboard at my.rahb.ca.
- There will be one final pull of saved searches and auto-emails from both Fusion and the regional Matrix system into the RAHB Matrix system the week before the October 17 cutover. After the final pull, you must maintain your searches in the RAHB Matrix system. If you modify your searches in Fusion or the regional Matrix system after the final pull, those modifications will not carry over to the RAHB Matrix system. We will announce that specific pull date as we get closer to cutover.
- There will be a period from 4 p.m.on Monday, October 16 to Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at noon when you will not be able to enter or modify listings in either Fusion or the RAHB Matrix system. Both systems will be available in read-only mode, which means you will only be able to conduct searches. Any listings that are not broker loaded prior to 4 p.m.on Monday October 16 must be completed using the new RAHB listing forms (click for tutorial) which will be available in an online PDF and at the Realty Shoppe on September 27, 2017.
- Once we have officially cutover on Tuesday October 17, 2017 you will load and edit your listings and perform new searches within the RAHB Matrix system.
What can you do now to prepare?
• Update your custom marketing materials (saved views, shortcuts, headers, footers, personal logos, etc.) in the RAHB Matrix system. You can learn how to do this on our Basic Matrix video tutorials posted on rahb.ca/matrix.
• Practice broker loading on the RAHB Matrix Broker Load test site. This will allow you to become acquainted with the Matrix Input function in a practice environment before you have to use it to enter live data this fall. Learn how.
• Start creating stats chart in RAHB Matrix. Once we cutover, RAHB’s Statistical Information Management (SIM) program will be retired. As such, you will need to generate all of your real estate stats within the RAHB Matrix system. Follow this tutorial for all of the details.
• Free Matrix training courses are available at the RAHB office. Check out dates and times on our events calendar, and register soon – courses fill up quickly!
• Watch your inbox for our weekly newsletter, NewsReal, for the latest Matrix updates.
If you have any questions about the RAHB Matrix system or the final cutover, please visit rahb.ca/matrix or call the MLS® department at 905.667.4650 – our staff are ready to help you Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thank you for your patience, and thank you for being a RAHB member.