Five new directors were elected to the 2016 Board of Directors at the Annual Election Meeting on November 25 at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
Congratulations to Nik Bucalo, Kathy Della-Nebbia, Lou Piriano, Andrew Robertson and Bob Van de Vrande on their election to the Board.
The election of officers has already taken place. Your 2016 Directors will be:
Kim Alvarez, President
Lou Piriano, President-Elect
Jack Loft, Vice President
Donna Bacher, Immediate Past President
Ann Forbes Arndt
Bob Van de Vrande
The new Board has been sworn in and will take office January 1, 2016. Watch January’s edition of REALINFO to learn more about your Board members!
Other meeting highlights:
- Karan Barker Scholarships were presented to four students
- RAHB members approved Bylaw amendments which:
- added a definition of “Meeting of the Members” to the list of definitions in Article 1;
- removed the appointment of a Regional Commercial Network (formerly Regional Commercial Council) member to the RAHB Board of Directors;
- removed the requirement for a Burlington member on the RAHB Board of Directors,
- changed the terms ‘President’ and ‘President-Elect’ to ‘Chair’ and ‘Chair-elect’ and removed the position of Vice-President; and
- removed and amended references to changes previously made to Section 7 of the Bylaw.
- The motion to amend the RAHB Bylaw to remove the requirement for three Brokers of Record or Managers on the RAHB Board of Directors was defeated.
All amendments pertaining to the makeup of the RAHB Board of Directors will take effect for the 2017 Board.
- The 2016 Board of Directors was sworn in by RAHB Past President and Area 2 RECO Director Rebecca Ryder.
- Winner of the 2016 RAHB dues draw was Sheila MacKenzie (Right at Home Realty)
- Winner of a last-minute donation of tickets to the November 25 Buffalo Sabres hockey game was Bob Deamude (Royal LePage Burloak Real Estate Services)